DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get the new one today back from them and this one the whole motor assembly was glued off to one side somewhat?? and there is what appears to be almost like a black silicone (its probably a different type of glue but feels like silicone) oozing out all over the place around where the motor assembly gets glued or mounted or however they assemble this particular speaker i mean when i say oozing out there is enough glue there for like 3 of these mids maybe more.... now i have one with the motor assembly slightly glued off to one side and dont know what to do with this one... i guess ill try it out and see if i hear any problems but i think for the price of what these mids sell for this is ridiculous that the quality control is this bad..... its kinda funny my cdt cheaper ef 6.5 set i put in the wifes car looked flawless in construction compared to the 07's and they were only 150 $ for the entire set of them..... unbeleivable if you ask my opinion.........and matt from cdt said he persoanlly checked this new one he sent me to make sure it was perfect!!!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill get em asap the wife has the camera at her store ill post em tomm.... cam you know what these look like right??? okay upside down looking at it from the side right...... where the motor meets the basket the glue is like running down the basket toward the front of the speaker (cone side) and the motor is not off by a whole lot but looking at it you can definatly see it. i asked the wife if she looked at it to see if she noticed anything about the back side she looked for a few minutes and asked me if the silver looking thing (she had both to look at) should be moved like that (the motor) is what she was referring to here, and she said whats all the black stuff and how come its not on this one.... and she knows next to nothing about speakers at all.. she noticed the difference in them. pretty obvious... and this was "supposed to be a new driver" looks to me like they sent me back a b-stock or re-cone for my brand new one that had a manufactures defect ... not my fault i should have got a brand new one back..... not happy needless to say and this will be i think my last cdt purchase once these are gone i def do not think ill be looking thier way again... i called cdt and his answer was well send that one back also... i said yeah now that im paying 3 times for shipping and whos to say i will not get another one the same way. he said you wolnt i said well you told me that last time and you said you checked this one yourself..... sorry to rant but im just super agrivated right now about this..... i waited almost 1 and a half weeks to start on my install and now if i send this one back im out again... pisses me off.... again sorry to rant but the wife dont care about this kind of thing and i had to blow off steam somewhere....

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but in all seriousness at this price these should not be allowed to leave the factory or cdt for that matter looking like this this is not what a 1500$ comp system should at all look like . even though i got them for less than that for what i paid these should be one of the nicest looking mids out there......

·
Registered
212 Posts
I thought paying almost $400 for tweets was a lot! geez for $1500 they should deliver them personally to your house!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well for 1500 you get 2 mids 2 tweets and 2 x-overs with the set... now as i sais i didnt pay near than amount..... and yeah for a set that retails for that price these things should be flawless before leaving there

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aparrently someone at cdt reads these or someone told cdt of this thread, they called me today (someone from cdt im geussing they knew who it was since they asked if i posted on here) and they asked me to send this one back so he can inspect it... i have taken pics but he asked me not to post them if we can resolve this he seemed really cool and he did want to make it right so far a+ on customer service. we'll see soon when i get the new one...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Outstanding... for the price of that orange paint, you should expect no less ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
pretty nice that they called you all over pictures, but I say as long as they resolve the problem or do everything they can to make you satisfied then the company in question is still good.

I've owned AMAZING products and got no c.service and it really can make or break the deal whether you will deal with them ever again.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
zfactor said:
aparrently someone at cdt reads these or someone told cdt of this thread, they called me today (someone from cdt im geussing they knew who it was since they asked if i posted on here) .
Not only that, but whoever it is on here who notified them knows your name, so its someone closer to you than you think!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well no they said they saw the post of the last drivers with the crooked magnet and they knew i sent one in for that and then they saw this one and i geuss put 2 and 2 together, not that hard since i posted about both drivers with both problems.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts