1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Chrysler Town and Country​

Full Audio build write up.

To get the FULL story, Jump on here.
http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/94985-My-450-SCORE!?highlight=450+score

Also, I have my own Website on Google Sites. Have not updated it in a bit, but plan to soon.
https://sites.google.com/view/minivan-site/home

For Videos that go into detail about How I did my testing, etc

Some Quick Pics.

For me, the golden turning point was when I found out my Infinity 5.25x speakers had a torn surround and needed warranty work. And... THey were stolen by a Mecalifonain Contractor. So, I needed some front end speakers. SO I was at the junkyard and FOUND A VOLVO c70! So this was one of the first things i did that was not drop into a factory location.

And from there I just went crazy.

Next thread will be on the way I have my system now.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Well, I'm new here. So here is my system. Thoughts \\ design of my T&C 2000

My system.

KEY IN LAUGHTER.. 3.2.1.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Okay so I am getting ready to give my front stage some REAL headroom as I am not wanting to use Deck power to power my front stage. I know it sounds dumb? But the Units Line level output is not really doing any work. It's just going into factory Infinity amps that are doing a wonderful job as I Just tested them the other day.

I had to go in and take care of some vibration in the rear 6x9 factory location. I did some sound deadening, and installed some foam around the speaker to absorb some sound waves.

This made the Midbass and midrange that was coming out of the unit Noticeably more clear.

There are still some small shakes around the interior, but I will be taking care of those with time.

Next is the doors. I need to finish up the speakers and install the FIber Optics.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I found a Problem I just fixed today. Something with the crossover on the subwoofer being out of phase with the main channels. I don't know how. But what I had to do is crossover the subwoofer at 50hz at 24dB, then crossover the high pass at 80 hz at 24dB.

I guess the subwoofer and the woofers were in competition muddying up the Bass, and lowering output as well.

This lead me to a whole OTHER problem.

That's when I found a WHOPPER. And not the Tasty King at Burger KIND.

Turns out, Bluetooth (on my deck or my phone- ZTE ZMax Pro, DEHx6700BS) only goes to a little bit above 15 Khz. Then cuts out all the way.

I know my deck can do it from the 3.5 jack. Have not tested USB, but sure it can do it from there.

But I verified it on a RTA and Audio tool, the signal over bluetooth just drops out after 15khz.

My hearing goes away a little after 16Khz and then just drops off sharply. I can HEAR something, but its to low of a level to really hear as a test tone.

That's when I broke out AudioTool, and the other android App, RTA PRO. And my fears just got worse.

What REALLY got me surprised is the high frequency noise at 19Khz, and a spike at 9 Khz. Funny thing, is that the 9k is almost inaudible to me. But it does show up on the 3 devices I have. The other tablets Microphone shapely attenuates everything after 1khz. There is also a 11.25 Khz tone that peaks at about 28dB.

Looking at the Spectrogram, I have some noise that is in the 4Khz range, to the 12.5Khz.

One other thing that I found is that all those El USB wires I have are NOISY as @$#%! Its a Big part of the 18.76 Khz noise that shows up as a sharp yellow tiny strip on the spectrogram.

I still have to test if it is the cables, or the USB power supply in my car. But for now, it is way out of my audible range.

What I am worried about is the wide band noise in the 4-12 k region on the plot.

I will download the plots later, maybe some of you guys can take a look.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

The BEST damn Recording I have made yet to date!

THIS is what it sounds like. PRETTY DAMN CLOSE.

Just less distortion from the Recording equipment I used. You can hear some hiss, Oh well. SOUNDS AMAZING!

ENJOY!

Video got the strike.... SO UMG.. Oh well. Will have other site host it.

Dynaudio SQ with binaural sound https://www.bitchute.com/video/jrTY40cFDcAU/ #BitChute

FIXED Bitchute

Daily Motion

Dynaudio SQ with binaural sound https://www.bitchute.com/video/jrTY40cFDcAU/ #BitChute

So if you guys have not tried out BitChute, its the BEST PERIOD. And its not just cuz I know the guy running. it.

[dailymotion]https://dai.ly/x6lhamn[/dailymotion]

[video=youtube;-x6lhamn]https://dai.ly/x6lhamn[/video]

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Got my MD140 3 inch Dynaudio Midrange Flush mounted. I was going to cover the dash in fabric, and the a pillars, but then decided against it. To hard to clean

I had to hack away at the Vent air routing ducts, But I got it done.

I used this WONDERFUL kit to make the hole.

I really should have done this MONTHS ago, but I guess I just had to take my time and do it. Still I wish I had installed the midrange much lower on the dash near the window. It sounds best there.

I need to get 1 more MD100 when the budget allows. Hopefully, I will luck out and find another one in a volvo Somewhere.

I still need to shave a bit of the plastic on the MD100 tweeter to make it sit Flush to the dash. I need about 2mm shaved off on one side.

I know I know, not a Car Audio Fabrication job. But I'm happy with this for now. I need to install a trim ring around it, and maybe one day get the Stock MD140 grills.

Next step is not to install some amplification to the front stage:

I am still deciding on whether to run the very small Alpine I have,

I can't go with the OEM amps since they are not full range, so it won't work with the dynaudio/Volvo crossover.

I also still have a great SONY, or the Blaupunkt.

I know I can mount the Blaupunkt amp under the seat but it's a bit long. Maybe under the dash. It might fit.

The SONY.. Um. May fit under the seat, but I would not count on it clearing the seat mechanism and motors.

As "Wrong" as my system is.. Its sounds Perfect, with ZERO distortion at Full tilt volume at 62. Not bad. Of course, the trick for me is that I am not running anywhere near the full output of the deck. Technically, I am only using the power from 2 channels of the deck. I tested with test tones and can not get the deck to produce a distorted test tone with how it is set up right now.

I used Audio tool to see whether it could produce a clipped sine wave visually. And I tried from 100hz test tones to 10Khz tones. And I cannot hear or see any distortion.

Most of my audio is coming from Spotify, and I got the files downloaded to my phone.

I am limited to the EQ, so I am using the Dolby EQ app, and it sounds about as good as I have ever heard in a car. And I think I have heard a few very good SQ setups.

The system as it is is not LOUD like you can hear the car from a mile away. But there is ZERO distortion. No noise, no rattles, none of that.

And for once, the PIANO songs no matter what they are, come LOUD and CLEAR. And not a HINT of any kind of distortion even with the knob all the way to 62.

I think I am going to wait till I get my MiniDSP unit before I go all out. I really need the Eq to level things out. As far as the sound coming to my ears at the same time? And time alignment? I don't mean to be brash, but I don't think I need it.

Kind of amazing, but if I wanted to replicate this system, it would cost me less then $120 bucks. No kidding.

Maybe I am delusional, but its sounds more dynamic and full then my headphones, (panasonic's) and just a tad bit warm. I can't complain.

The full soundstage is nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts