DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

541 - 560 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
623 Posts
Hey now, those MX4's are mine now :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Lol, still gotta do that blind test before I let them go Without crying

·
Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
623 Posts
Jesus, Looked up those prices and I feel sorry for anyone who anyone who dropped that much money on a HELIX DSP Ultra and Brax MX4 pro.

Just go buy a Zapco DSP-Z8 IV II and call it a day!
I feel sorry for people with half ass systems that from their posts you know sounds like ****, that’s who I feel sorry for

·
Registered
18,658 Posts
I feel sorry for people with half ass systems that from their posts you know sounds like ****, that’s who I feel sorry for
Sums up my feelings about this forum entirely

·
Registered
171 Posts
The nice thing about owning top quality gear is if it doesn’t sound good you know it’s either your install or the tuning... Saves time swapping out stuff etc

·
Registered
829 Posts
This isn’t always true. I’ve owned some universally raved about high-end subwoofers, for example, that just didn’t do what I wanted it to. High-end 6 inchers that don’t do midbass as well as you would think. Etc.

·
Registered
18,658 Posts
This isn’t always true. I’ve owned some universally raved about high-end subwoofers, for example, that just didn’t do what I wanted it to. High-end 6 inchers that don’t do midbass as well as you would think. Etc.
Just out of curiosity, which ones?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I don't even want to mention it, but one was the Dyn...you trying to get me banned? :)

Most of the "sq" subs are fine, but the ones I've tried just don't have the energy down low that I like on some songs. For most songs they do well and have good upper sub bass performance. But when I'm done with James Taylor and want to hear a Migos track (lol), it doesn't have the energy where I want it.

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Try SI subs, they have a home theater background so play deep but will also integrate easily with midbass. My 24s play flat to 6/7 Hz in-room and the 18s flat to 9/10 Hz at reference level.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Don't over think it. Its really not that necessary. Just don't do a super tiny sealed enclosure

Exactly. Thank you. If you highpass the driver well before enclosure dimensions affect response there is no problem.

Ge0

·
Registered
623 Posts
What are you changing them for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cry a lot about missing my McIntosh’s and I’ve always wanted to try some mosconi zeros so I want to do a double blind test to make sure that I’m not making a big mistake. All the amps are at the shop already so we’ll do the testing before the end of this week because the build ”I’m switching from a 11 Prius to a 15 plug in so new build” Has to be done ASAP. I also have no music right now because I thought my hybrid battery was bad the other day and took everything out so there you go K POP SUCKS now you can feel sorry for me for not having music lol.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The Zero’s are supposed to be pretty good - also a lot cheaper than the Brax.... I would be interested in your findings..

·
Registered
623 Posts
The Zero’s are supposed to be pretty good - also a lot cheaper than the Brax.... I would be interested in your findings..

Definitely, I’ve always wanted to put a class ab back on my subs because I loved how my old Rockford power 1100a2 played my 13w6’s so a zero3 sounds good for 2 10wm’s, let’s see

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Definitely, I’ve always wanted to put a class ab back on my subs because I loved how my old Rockford power 1100a2 played my 13w6’s so a zero3 sounds good for 2 10wm’s, let’s see
Honestly 500rms is good for those subs if you have 2 you could get away with less...

I love the 10WMs they hold such authority in bass notes without overpowering the setup...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a Utopia 27WX sub, and I might be tempted by the 10WM, because I could then have a box less than 1/2 the size of my current box. Of course, for that amount of money, I might also consider the JL Audio 10W6v3-D4 for about 1/2 the cost.

But first, I'm deciding on whether or not I need the 3.5WM's for my setup. The 6WM+TBM combo sounds really good. Of course, everyone I talk to mentions that the 3.5WM really does add a lot to the setup and would really make a difference. I'm starting to think about it - my TBM's are in the sail panel, and I would put the 3.5WM right next to them in the pillar. Anyone have any 3.5WM's they need to unload :)

Dave

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have a Utopia 27WX sub, and I might be tempted by the 10WM, because I could then have a box less than 1/2 the size of my current box. Of course, for that amount of money, I might also consider the JL Audio 10W6v3-D4 for about 1/2 the cost.

But first, I'm deciding on whether or not I need the 3.5WM's for my setup. The 6WM+TBM combo sounds really good. Of course, everyone I talk to mentions that the 3.5WM really does add a lot to the setup and would really make a difference. I'm starting to think about it - my TBM's are in the sail panel, and I would put the 3.5WM right next to them in the pillar. Anyone have any 3.5WM's they need to unload :)

Dave
Nothing’s wrong with the 10w6v3’s, I have 12w6v3’s and the blend with the 8wm’s like no other. I’m just curious what improvement the 10wm’s has to off if the rest of the line is so impressive, I’m building the new box .8 cubic feet just in case I don’t like them I can resort back to my 12’s

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
So you’re going to be trying out the 10WM soon Mullings? Then again, maybe I don’t want to know since you’ve already got me thinking about the 8WMs to go with the TBM and 3.5WM. And who knows, I may even get them installed in a couple months.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mullings - so, if you're coming from the 12" JL Audio W6, then it will be really interesting to get your feedback on how the 10WM compares. Looking forward to your thoughts for sure!
Dave

·
1,695 Posts
I definitely want to hear your feedback on the 10WM sub...

541 - 560 of 639 Posts