DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
I never really think of myself as a bass head but I guess I am, I like a full Whitledge curve. I can't hear anything above 12 or 12.5 khz so that influences my tune somewhat.

Rectangle Slope Plot Parallel Font

This is an image of the curve from Jazzi's tuning companion. I'm not sure what that would be closest to in Pioneer's presets though.

· Registered
504 Posts
I never really think of myself as a bass head but I guess I am, I like a full Whitledge curve. I can't hear anything above 12 or 12.5 khz so that influences my tune somewhat.

View attachment 335041

This is an image of the curve from Jazzi's tuning companion. I'm not sure what that would be closest to in Pioneer's presets though.
In between a full whitledge and a half whit for me. Flat from 200-220hz up after the bass curve basically. In a sitting vehicle I like a bit less bass.

More like this with a flat treble. but I'm rarely just chilling in my car listening and not driving.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

· Registered
504 Posts
I thinking about having a hood shop do a RTA tune after I get my dsp installed.
I would highly recommend doing some research on a shop or remote tune before paying for a tune. They need to actually specialize in it, not just on the side.

And I'd really only pay for a tune if you're running active through a dsp. I don't know what you have, the reason I say this is because there's a LOT of examples of people on this forum searching for a good while to find a shop or a remote tuner after being burned a lot. The professionals are definitely in a class of their own.

Or alternatively, spend time learning, reading and asking questions on how to tune. If you have free time then it's "free time" spent on it. After buying a measurement mic or a pc

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would highly recommend doing some research on a shop or remote tune before paying for a tune. They need to actually specialize in it, not just on the side.

And I'd really only pay for a tune if you're running active through a dsp. I don't know what you have, the reason I say this is because there's a LOT of examples of people on this forum searching for a good while to find a shop or a remote tuner after being burned a lot. The professionals are definitely in a class of their own.

Or alternatively, spend time learning, reading and asking questions on how to tune. If you have free time then it's "free time" spent on it. After buying a measurement mic or a pc

i agree i plan on taking to a reputable shop with rta soon after i put my dsp in. I don't believe in remote tunes to many variables to trust it.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Don't give up on a remote tune. I never had one but think about the tuning process. The majority of tuning is done without your ears. I can get a solid tune without ever listening to music. Once the remote tuner gets the basics done it's ip to the listener to fine tune with their ears anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.