DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of a little lost , I had a zapco 1000.1 amp with 2 boston g3 12s and wow it sounds really good. I sold that car and now am doing a install on a 95 chevy caprice same car as a impala ss . It has a pretty nice rear facing box set up for 2 15s and is sealed with just over 2 cubic feet each speaker. My buddy who I trust told me to run rockford P2 15s and my zapco 1000.1 to them . I listen to a lot of techno and rap and some rock. I like low bass . I had kicker comp and cvr 15s but the bass notes seem all the same . I know 15s are big for that but I do like the sound. Is there even such a thing as a sound quality 15 ? If boston made a G3 15 I would just buy those. The choice of amps I have are 4 zapco 500m , 1 zapco 1000.1 , zapco 1400 and 2 ppi sedona 500ix and a old school earthquake pa2300 , I can use what ever combo for the bass, I really want to run the zapcos I like them the best. I am not sure what has more power the reference zapco 1400 (4 ohm stable ) or the reference 1000.1 (2 ohm stable) But wow that earthquake amp has some power! Or I can do one ppi in 4 ohm to each 15 . Wow sorry I am just rambling !

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
JBL W15 gti mkII? nicely sensitive and gets raves for sound quality. power rated at 800 watts RMS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That thing is so big it would take up most of my air space in the box! I do not think I have enough power for that.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
they are very sensitive subs. 2-300 watts and they will sound great, you have 1000 watts, more than enough.
size, well, that is up to you, they are monsters. ;)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I am kind of a little lost , I had a zapco 1000.1 amp with 2 boston g3 12s and wow it sounds really good. I sold that car and now am doing a install on a 95 chevy caprice same car as a impala ss . It has a pretty nice rear facing box set up for 2 15s and is sealed with just over 2 cubic feet each speaker. My buddy who I trust told me to run rockford P2 15s and my zapco 1000.1 to them . I listen to a lot of techno and rap and some rock. I like low bass . I had kicker comp and cvr 15s but the bass notes seem all the same . I know 15s are big for that but I do like the sound. Is there even such a thing as a sound quality 15 ? If boston made a G3 15 I would just buy those. The choice of amps I have are 4 zapco 500m , 1 zapco 1000.1 , zapco 1400 and 2 ppi sedona 500ix and a old school earthquake pa2300 , I can use what ever combo for the bass, I really want to run the zapcos I like them the best. I am not sure what has more power the reference zapco 1400 (4 ohm stable ) or the reference 1000.1 (2 ohm stable) But wow that earthquake amp has some power! Or I can do one ppi in 4 ohm to each 15 . Wow sorry I am just rambling !

Budget?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Dont mean to threadjack but would you want to part with one of those 500ix's?

And my advice on the thread, use the zappy 1k and try your best to dig up a pair of Oz ME15.2's they are a great sq\spl sub. Real nice blend of the 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts