DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be running active and have several amps to chose from. I have a DRZ9255 HU, Seas CA18 mids and Aura tweets. I bought a Audison SRX2 amp (50x2). I also have an A/D/S PQ40.2 (100wx4) and 2 Eclipse 33250 (130wx2). Any recommendations on how to power the speakers? Would the Audison be enough power to run any kind of tweeter? I will be ugradeing the tweets so i want to keep the amp that will work with any tweet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd use the audison on the tweets and bridge one eclipse on each mid-that should give you just over 120 watts for each? unless the ads is bridgable to 2 channels,then i'd use that.These mids will sound good with any amp(almost),but really shine when you start to lay power into them.

justmy2cents

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i was thinking also. The A/D/S bridged is 150wx2 at 8ohms and the Eclipses would be 200w each at 8ohms. Would be easier with just 2 amps for sure.

·
Registered
533 Posts
pq40 bridged for the mids,1-eclipse for the tweets if you have the room,a little overkill, but it would be nice to have the current avail!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts