DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I stick with a mono amp and wire it to 4ohms? Or, should I buy a 2 channel amp and run 2 ohm to each voice coil? Budget is an issue so please keep that in mind. I would like to spend less than $200.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Do you guys think 400W at 4ohms is good enough or will I be regretting it? I am going to use it for an IB install behind my rear seats.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
For that sub, a mono amp that produces at least ~500 watts @ 4 ohm would be a good choice. 100 watts more or less isn't going to make much difference though.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
In an IB setup 400 watts is way more than enough for a single 15". You could actually get away with probably like 200-300 watts.

To get a more accurate answer you might want to contact Eric Stevens on here. Even though he's not a part of ID anymore, he's a nice enough guy he might still answer your question. ;)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
In an IB setup 400 watts is way more than enough for a single 15". You could actually get away with probably like 200-300 watts.

To get a more accurate answer you might want to contact Eric Stevens on here. Even though he's not a part of ID anymore, he's a nice enough guy he might still answer your question. ;)
x2...that's a very good idea.....Go ahead and send him a PM with your question

1 - 8 of 8 Posts