DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm looking to replace my factory HU (Bose) in a 04 996 C4S. It appears that I'll be replacing the HU with a Clarion NX702. I'll can't seem to use the factory amp, since it has an optical hookup to the factory HU. So I need to find recommendations for a good amp that I can use to drive the factory 12 speakers.

So, what would you all recommend I do? BTW, I don't need a heavy bass, just need good clean sound and i'm fine with the factory speakers...

·
Registered
75 Posts
first off, how many actual channels is it running with and what configuration? how many watts are each driver? you may only need a 6, channel, or 4channel, and 2ch, or head unit power, plus 2, or 4channel. i would suspect, that by 12speaker, you could count 4 for tweeters, 2 for factory under-seat woofers, 2 for rear mids, 2 front mids, and 2 for front midbass, or something similar, even 3-way front, and 3-way rear

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great question...and unfortuantely I don't have a solid answer for you. I know that the Bose high end pushes 325W to the speakers you mentioned. I was looking to put in a 5Ch amp and splitting the 5th channel to the subs. Also, I'm not well versed on car audio, other than knowing what sounds good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts