DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 749 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't know about SQ but when ever installing new equipment the first thing I reach for is Madonna and Michael Jackson.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat" is a must-have. It's superbly engineered. I think it's -10dB recording level, you can crank the HU volume way up.

And Dire Straits Brothers in Arms is my favorite demo CD.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat" is a must-have. It's superbly engineered. I think it's -10dB recording level, you can crank the HU volume way up.

And Dire Straits Brothers in Arms is my favorite demo CD.
I totally agree with both of these. I also love most of Michael Buble’s music as well. If you like synthesizers, Bachbusters by Don Dorsey is a great sounding one too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Santana, Eric Clapton, Police (Remastered), Steely Dan, Chicago, Alicia Keys, Dru Hill, Sisquo, Tyrese, War, Curtis Mayfield, Isley Brothers, Musiq Soulchild, Lenny Kravitz.......

I could go on.

All generations of music, multiple genres, there are always some essential stand out tracks that really make a great system worth having.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Alice In Chains - MTV Unplugged
Tool - Lateralus
Pink Floyd - The Wall

Those are my top three for tuning and critical listening. Brothers In Arms by DS is amazing too but I don't have that on CD :p I need to get on that.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Seriously dudes...

Download this album. I got the CD for Christmas. INCREDIBLE recording. Really impressed. Seems there's a free DL link if you subscribe. I'm gonna give it a try

Rose Cousins |*

edit: faaaack. it was for one track. good song though. def recommend picking this up anyway.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Peter Gabriel "Shaking The Tree". Almost every song is excellent!!
Blue Man Group "The Complex" & "Audio". Just amazing, if your system can take it!!
Tear for Fears "Tears Roll Down" great recordings before the compression wars.

·
Registered
17,756 Posts
if you like rap, Life's Good by Nas and Hell The Sequel, by Bad Meets Evil.
living Things and Minutes to Midnight by Linkin Park

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Subscribed, I really need to get some of these. I am going to have a big list of wants. Lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Santana, Eric Clapton, Police (Remastered), Steely Dan, Chicago, Alicia Keys, Dru Hill, Sisquo, Tyrese, War, Curtis Mayfield, Isley Brothers, Musiq Soulchild, Lenny Kravitz.......

I could go on.

All generations of music, multiple genres, there are always some essential stand out tracks that really make a great system worth having.
Isley Brothers - Mission to please album is one of my favorite and the 3rd track in the " Baby makin music" album called 'Just Came Here To Chill' is sick! and other singles such as 'between the sheets' and 'for the love of you' are really sexy.

Steely dan, A. keys, l. kraviz are good sq albums also.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here some of my personal favorite albums..

Pink Floyd - The other side of the moon (SACD)

O' Jays - Ship Ajoy (SACD)

Focal: The Spirit Of Sound, Vol. 5

Joe weed- The vulture

Audison - Music Expression Vol.1

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought the topic is Must Have SQ Albums.
That's the problem, rarely is an entire album a great SQ piece.

Is an album a "Must Have" for a few singles?

I've found that certain artists have a few great SQ singles on an album, but can consistently put out a few per album.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Seriously dudes...

Download this album. I got the CD for Christmas. INCREDIBLE recording. Really impressed. Seems there's a free DL link if you subscribe. I'm gonna give it a try

Rose Cousins |*

edit: faaaack. it was for one track. good song though. def recommend picking this up anyway.

Nice, I heard that Rose Cousins few weeks back. Sounds like country music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.....blah blah blah.

1 - 20 of 749 Posts