DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why? I'm looking to replace so i want to hear some different opinions and i figured it would be a good thread to have

·
Registered
989 Posts
Seas Excel and Hiquophon's OW2.

But I dunno, I think the Seas CA18/G18 + LPG 25NFA is hard to beat for the money. Or so the overall consensus seems to be that way.

·
Registered
693 Posts
cam2Xrunner said:
Seas Excel and Hiquophon's OW2.

But I dunno, I think the Seas CA18/G18 + LPG 25NFA is hard to beat for the money. Or so the overall consensus seems to be that way.
x2. although im thinking about replacing my LPG's.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Having had experience with both the LPG & Dayton RS tweeters, I'm gonna recommend the Dayton RS... however it is a large tweeter & if that is not an option by all means 2nd the LPG's.

I hope to one day be able to listen to the Seas CA18/G18's as well as other Seas drivers... but as of yet the Dayton RS are my favorite line of mids, they are awesome & priced well below its peers.

That said I'll cast my vote for the following combo...

Dayton RS28a-4
Dayton 6" RS150s-8 or Dayton 7" RS180s-8

·
Registered
415 Posts
hearing my LCY's and Npdang's Excel W18's (with AC G3's), they seem like a match made in heaven...

·
Registered
250 Posts
My favorite so far is the Seas Lotus reference mids coupled with the Seas prototype tweeters.

Talk about top end smoothness

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
racerraul said:
Having had experience with both the LPG & Dayton RS tweeters, I'm gonna recommend the Dayton RS... however it is a large tweeter & if that is not an option by all means 2nd the LPG's.

I hope to one day be able to listen to the Seas CA18/G18's as well as other Seas drivers... but as of yet the Dayton RS are my favorite line of mids, they are awesome & priced well below its peers.

That said I'll cast my vote for the following combo...

Dayton RS28a-4
Dayton 6" RS150s-8 or Dayton 7" RS180s-8
Second that...

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
minitruck_freq said:
63-2.5 khz. with 12 db slopes on both ends on my ca18's. and the LPG's are HP at 3.15 khz. with an 18 db slope.
Via what? your head unit or the arc amp?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had the 25NFA and CA18RNX. Loved them to death. But I changed cars so now I need something smaller for the midrange. Anyone have a favorite midrange that's a bit less deep (like 2.5"?)

David

·
Registered
415 Posts
xDeLiRiOuSx said:
I had the 25NFA and CA18RNX. Loved them to death. But I changed cars so now I need something smaller for the midrange. Anyone have a favorite midrange that's a bit less deep (like 2.5"?)

David
2.5"???

all i could recommend is the Morel/Phoenix Gold mids..theyre far from being on my favorites list, but theyre still pretty good and there about 2.3 inches.

The DLS's (which i would prefer over the the Morels) are about 2.56 inches..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts