Super Moderator
901 Posts
one more for the hipsters...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Album Of The Evening:

Massive Attack - Blue Lines

Need to check out their discography. Only ever listened to Mezzanine... A LOT.

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Camry 2.4 - base audio
452 Posts
Today I'm in a good mood, so I busted out the Ludacris. His illiterations and comparasons are so fresh and original. His music and videos are all tongue in cheek, but his lyrics rise to the to the level of peotry and he is one of the best rappers of my generation. I'll die on that hill.

In the time when I grew up, almost every rapper rapped about money, bitches, cars, drugs, killing people... the list goes on.\

Ludacris bucked that trend and produced lyrics that reminded me of Ice Cube.

One of my favorites

·
Registered
259 Posts
In the time when I grew up, almost every rapper rapped about money, bitches, cars, drugs, killing people... the list goes on.\
Ludacris has songs about pretty much all that, I do like him though not as much as when I was kid. This is one hits hard, emotionally anyway.

As for best Lupe Fiasco was pretty untouchable back then, in terms of main stream conscious rap. Common, Talib Kwali, Mos Def, Del the Funky Homosapien (Ice Cube's cousin and actually ghost wrote a lot of Cube's lyrics) are all great but not sure they count as mainstream.
Del tha Funkee Homosapien - Press Rewind

Then if you want to get into the underground you have people like MF DOOM, Eyedea, Aesop Rock, Slug (of Atmosphere), Grieves, Immortal Technique, Tech N9ne (before he blew up), Murs, Devin the Dude, Z-Ro, Haystack, and so many more that I'd say are more poetic, better story tellers and better lyricist than Ludacris. He's ok though.

Reactions: NealfromNZ

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ludacris has songs about pretty much all that, I do like him though not as much as when I was kid. This is one hits hard, emotionally anyway.

As for best Lupe Fiasco was pretty untouchable back then, in terms of main stream conscious rap. Common, Talib Kwali, Mos Def, Del the Funky Homosapien (Ice Cube's cousin and actually ghost wrote a lot of Cube's lyrics) are all great but not sure they counts as mainstream.
Del tha Funkee Homosapien - Press Rewind

Then if you want to get into the underground you have people like MF DOOM, Eyedea, Aesop Rock, Slug (of Atmosphere), Grieves, Immortal Technique, Tech N9ne (before he blew up), Murs and so many more that I'd say are more poetic, better story tellers and better lyricist than Ludacris. He's ok though.
Maybe I phrased that wrong. I'll put it the easy way. Can you name another rapper anything like luda?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Maybe I phrased that wrong. I'll put it the easy way. Can you name another rapper anything like luda?
Sorry man been an on again off again binge alcoholic for the better part of the last 10 years. Quite drinking all together and now I'm basically an insomniac, just being a mood *****.. ignore me.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well, Mezzanine is epic as well. (y) I bought the vinyl LP when it was first released and wore it out. So I picked up the Deluxe Edition 2 CD set not too long ago. :)
Definitely one of those albums I tend to listen all the way through, even when I didn't intend to or had the time.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sorry man been an on again off again binge alcoholic for the better part of the last 10 years. Quite drinking all together and now I'm basically an insomniac, just being a mood *.. ignore me.
Dude, I'm an on and off binge alcoholic too. I'll do good for a while, then I get a drink one day for some reason and suddenly it's 3 or 4 days later and I can't remember ****. If i'm lucky I'm not in jail.

It's been since dec. 28 since I have Binged. That day I totaled my 2012 honda accord v6. And got a dui. I'm not bragging, man just letting you know that I feel your pain.

Immersing myself in car audio has helped a lot. But it's been expensive.

I loved that accord. It had almost 300hp. It would outrun my neice's 2001 mustang v8 convertable. Now as a punishment I drive a 4 cyl camry. That accord would have looked so much better slammed on coilovers.

It helps me to remember that I lost that accord. Also that was my 4th dui. I'm not in prison because of covid.

I'm 37 and live at my dad's.

It helps if i remember how much it hurts. And how lucky i am. Two dui first and two dui second. On my third I should have gotten 5 years prison. 4 should be 15 to 25 in prison, but im white and clean up well. Racism in the south.

I'm gonna quit rambling. Good luck. I know your pain.

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
Another song, for the oldsters....

·
Registered
452 Posts
FuuuuuhhhhhkK YEAH!

Thanks for posting that, mate! Gonna have to download or stream record that one. :)
Youre welcome.

Just get the whole album Word of Mouf. If you like it get the rest. All hisalbums are good.

2941 - 2960 of 2989 Posts