DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 2211 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Now that I have my setup (partially) finished in my Elantra, I am finally starting to appreciate my tunes a lot more than ever. Normally I jam out daily to old(er) boom bap hip hop style music (GangStarr, Esoteric, AOTP etc.) and pretty much everything else (literally). However lately I've been listening to Glass Animals more than ever. Completely different sound these guys produce, and their notes are just unreal. Their mids/highs are super crisp and the lows pound. They're more of an indie alternative and (if that's what your into) I think everyone should check them out.

Black Mambo, Gooey, The Other Side of Paradise just to name a few songs that will be sure to put your subs to work!
Interesting that you mention this....I coincidentally added Gooey to a playlist today. Unfortunately, I have not yet listened to it. I will now! :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
monkey gone to heaven by the pixies
dont cry (original) guns n rose's and check out this one
never let me down by Tre Lux <<<its a really cool remix :)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I had suggested this to another DIYMA member recently in a PM, but thought I would share it here as well.

Michael Daugherty: Tales of Hemingway / American Gothic / Once Upon a Castle (2016)

This is one of my favorite "Easy Listening" Classical Albums by Grammy Award winning composer Michael Daugherty. It is beautifully recorded and will truly test your system. Both the Cello and Pipe Organ (in the last group of tracks) will resonate/vibrate within your chest and body if you have a killer sub-stage! One word to sum it up would be, DYNAMICS!

I usually don't listen to this in my car because I get too wrapped up in the music to be driving, ha! I like to sit down, relax and just be enveloped in the music, and I'm able to do this best at home. And on my home setup, when I close my eyes, I AM THERE at the Schermerhorn Sympony Center in Nashville, TN. I hear the space of the concert hall all around, above, and behind me.

Track #10 titled, "Once Upon A Castle: III. Rosebud" is just a Pipe Organ and a Cello. If your system is dialed in, this track will be KILLER. But the opening track will blow you away, and the entire album is fantastic (if you like this type of music). Track #2 is fantastically DYNAMIC...but really, they all are. Then there is "The Old Man and the Sea"...hauntingly beautiful, probably my favorite track. It's just a complete journey. But wait! Then there is "The Sun Also Rises" OMG...SOUNDSTAGE & DYNAMICS!

If I had to compare it to something, it is somewhat similar to the Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon soundtrack, mixed with elements of Henryk Gorecki's Symphony No. 3 Opus 36 (Sorrowful Songs) with the London Sinfonietta and Soprano, Dawn Upshaw, which is another absolute favorite that my family would have in constant rotation on the turntable when I would come home to visit...

If you want to feel like you are at an amazing symphony orchestra performance, check this one out. Highly recommended...

Michael Daugherty: Tales of Hemingway / American Gothic / Once Upon a Castle: YouTube Album Playlist

Michael Daugherty: Tales of Hemingway / American Gothic / Once Upon a Castle (2016)
Michael Daugherty (Composer)
Zuill Bailey (Cello)
Paul Jacobs (Pipe Organ)
Nashville Symphony @ The Schermerhorn Sympony Center, Nashville, TN
Giancarlo Guerrero (Conductor)
©2016 Naxos/BMI
Catalog # 8.559798
UPC #6 36943 97982 2

1421 - 1440 of 2211 Posts