DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 2211 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
You're not likely to ever see or hear anything like this...

I don't know what you'd call it???

Part Drumming, part Performance Art, part MADNESS!

It takes just a minute or so to develop, haha.

There's 39 minutes and 28 seconds of my life that were well wasted!
Holy FuckShitNiKoff!!!

Some things that come to mind;
Neil Peart, it's time to move on... you've had a good run
What style was this guy playing... all of them!
He wouldn't fit into a band, they would just hold him back!
I'm totally worn out just watching him...

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
There's 39 minutes and 28 seconds of my life that were well wasted!
Holy FuckShitNiKoff!!!

Some things that come to mind;
Neil Peart, it's time to move on... you've had a good run
What style was this guy playing... all of them!
He wouldn't fit into a band, they would just hold him back!
I'm totally worn out just watching him...
Very well said, and I couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
For those who might be having trouble making the YouTube wrap work, simply copy and paste the last portion of the url (following, but not including, the = sign), and then highlight what you've pasted, and then click the DIYMA Edit Post YouTube icon.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Let's bump this thread and find out what's good these days! Who can suggest some good tunes?
Start at the first page, mate, and work your way to the end. There's a sh!t ton of great music to be discovered here. That should keep you busy, and satisfied, for quite a while! :p

...and you might also consider contributing some music that you find to be "good these days"! ;)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
For any fans of drums and prog rock, check out this video. It features drummer, Matt Garstka, and was originally just Matt's drum solo performance without any music whatsoever.

But a talented composer/multi-instrumentalist named Alastair Taylor composed and played all of the music that you hear in this video over Matt's drum solo.

There is a link in the video's description area to Matt's original drum solo performance without Alastair's music added.

And if you like this one, there are a few other good videos by Alastair on his YouTube channel using drum solos by Virgil Donati and Robert 'Sput' Searight.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Some of my background music while working today...

Listen with headphones or a decent system that has good low end.

Stoned, Chilled, (Drenched in Reverb & Delay) Groove...

Oh, and Yes, that dude is wearing a wig....talks about why in another video...not what you'd think, ha.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Some of my background music while working today...

Listen with headphones or a decent system that has good low end.

Stoned, Chilled, (Drenched in Reverb & Delay) Groove...

Oh, and Yes, that dude is wearing a wig....talks about why in another video...not what you'd think, ha.
Very cool. Mesmerizing. A new favorite. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Well, I just received the new AKG N5005 universal IEMs on a 30-day trial from the Harmon/AKG website.

They ended up being more than a bit finicky about finding the right ear tip to achieve a balanced tonality, a good sound stage, plus a good seal/fit, & comfort. None of the included ear tips worked for me. :mad: I ended up liking some replacement Sony medium size white silicone ear tips, and OMGolly, these things are EFFING Amazing!

I picked a track at random to listen to using my iBasso DX90 DAP, and that first track happened to be from Anouar Brahem's Astounding Eyes of Rita CD. I was so mesmerized by the sound of this track with these IEMs that I listened to the entire album twice. :) Good stuff!

So I think I'm going to end up keeping these AKG IEMs unless I find some other serious fault with them. Unfortunately, my pocketbook will not be so happy. :blush: But I've been wanting to try a ToTL IEM for quite a while now, so as they say, "you gotta pay to play". :( But man, these sound incredible.

Not everyone might enjoy this middle-eastern/world music genre, but it is truly an excellent recording, so here's the title track from the album I was listening to...

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
1641 - 1660 of 2211 Posts