DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

What are your thoughts on the FOCAL 100KRS speaker

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  The real Subzero 
#1 ·
I want to run in my pillars,. Or should I get something comparable. (provide comparison)

See less See more
#3 ·
I have Focal KRX midranges in the a-pillars. I plan to replace and rebuild.

What are your opinions of the 100krs woofer?

Does anyone have any experience with these speakers.

#4 ·
The 4" is certainly more fun in a midrange application. It plays flatter a little lower than the 3", so you'll have a little more wiggle room. If you're planning to rebuild, you might as well upgrade.

#6 ·
What is your opinion on my using it in the same orientation as the krx3 mid-range. I choose that because the instrumentation cluster was causing issues.

I suppose I could put them on the doors like blackhhr, or in the kick, but I figured they would be best using reflection. I seem to have a better image and tonality doing it this way. Much more focus and sound quality IMO.

#5 ·
It should work out well if you can get them away from firing at the glass. Those Focals are nice speakers. I heard a pair at finals that where on axis and they sounded very nice.
Good luck with the rebuild. Seen a lot of the pics on the HHR forum about a year ago of your project.

#7 ·
To install in the top of the door card in the HHR did take some planning and a few failed attempts to get it to where it is.
The dash odometer hood did come into play when we where looking for a location. We went where we did to minimize reflections, width and get more on axis. If I had to make a choice in the HHR between firing into glass or the odometer hood, it would be dealing with the odometer hood over the front wind shield.
Now with your particular speaker choice I personally do not have experience with. It may not be happy firing into the glass.
You may have the correct speakers already and just not in optimal locations. By now means I am trying to discourage you from buying new speakers from Focal. I am looking at your speaker location as you had referred to our locations.
The speakers at that level from Focal are a great choice.
Wish we lived closer to each other.
Greg

#8 ·
I tried them in temp positions all over the front including where you have yours placed now. Honestly, I like the sound the way I have them now. I bought the 4" focal set for a backup. I have listened to alot of cars. and I think having them where they are now is fine. I just wanted to see if a wider response would help with the male voices and dynamics. I don't really want to modify my door panels. A-pillars are the only panel modifications I plan on doing. I have it scoring in the mid 70s during competitions with flat eq settings. I will have someone help me tune the eq settings and get this into the low mid 80s or better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.