DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am about to upgrade my "Outdoor rave" System. I will be using two 15" PA speakers, 600RMS, 8ohm. And I got two 155Ah industrial AGM batteries as power source.

The speakers:
HK Audio L5 115 F Linear 5
thomann.de/gb/hk_audio_l5_115_f_linear_5.htm

Now I need your help to choose an amp that would fit. I've done lots of research, but I'm still not 100% sure. The speakers will be connected parallell to hit 4 ohms. So I'm down to three options:

A 2ch, class D amp, which I will bridge to 4ohm.
A monoblock, also class D, but with the power to drive the speakers at 4ohm.
Or just get 2 monoblocks that are bridgeable.

Right now im Looking at:

Precision Power PPI P600.2
sonicelectronix.com/item_38336_Precision-Power-PPI-P600.2.html

Will this be able to give enough power for the speakers?

or,

Stetsom 2k5eq
stetsom.com.br/en/produto/2k5-eq-2-ohms

or,

Two Precision Power PPI P1000.1 bridged (((IS THIS FULL RANGE?)))
sonicelectronix.com/item_38335_Precision-Power-PPI-P1000.1.html

I live in europe, if that matters. Do you have any other amps that would be better? Max $700.

/ Wirne

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
the problem you will have is that the mono amps you list all have crossovers which are not defeatable so you will only have bass, no vocals/high hats/laser sounds/I dunno what music you play but most monos aren't full range.

theppi 600.2 is your best bed imo, efficient, small, and not overpriced.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Crown XLS2500

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the problem you will have is that the mono amps you list all have crossovers which are not defeatable so you will only have bass, no vocals/high hats/laser sounds/I dunno what music you play but most monos aren't full range.

theppi 600.2 is your best bed imo, efficient, small, and not overpriced.
Read The amp specs, they are full range

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
well i'll be damned! iwonder if this is true but if it is that stetsum is a cool amp.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Since you're in Europe, you may want to look into ETON amps. I was going to work with these myself but the costs to ship and customs, etc, made them less of a deal for me here in the US. But they seem to be based off or made with the same bits as the JL XD line, which means tiny, efficient as heck, and excellent SQ. They also have, as example, a 6ch version which you could bridge to a staggered 4ch setup. They seem to review extremely well in the German hifi mag as well, by what I could translate.

Also, COOL idea, you definitely should post pics!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'm actually doing the same as him in a van out here in cali but I'm running active so can have some more flexibility. I'm surprised to see these mono supposedly sub amps being full range, opens up a few more possibilities for me that might take less battery/alternator power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm actually doing the same as him in a van out here in cali but I'm running active so can have some more flexibility. I'm surprised to see these mono supposedly sub amps being full range, opens up a few more possibilities for me that might take less battery/alternator power.
Active 12v Pa? Where do i find those? :)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

I'd love to see that!! I almost want to find a DD van just screw around with.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Me too! I'd need a ton of active channels and a killer surround processor, but a van has major promise. Imagine something like Atmos or similar, wow!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts