DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out what options would be best to avoids corrosion all opinions welcomed. Feel free to post Amazon links also

· Registered
4,319 Posts
Trying to figure out what options would be best to avoids corrosion all opinions welcomed. Feel free to post Amazon links also
SuperLube is my preferred dielectric grease, it doesn't turn into silicone glue like the regular stuff does.

· Registered
1,157 Posts
I also used the harbor freight stuff very thinly when copper contacts another metal like lead or Aluminum, but I would just avoid using another metal altogether and keep the connections all copper.

Copper to copper actually slightly decreased resistance after simulated 2000 hours.

Reactions: MrHarris

· Registered
2010 HHR
1,791 Posts
Don't know what we used, but I worked for a telecom company that put ring terminals on copper bus bars and used some type of dielectric grease. It was grey. It was just for grounds, though. Usually around 4awg.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
“No oxide”

NO-OX-ID A-Special- Electrical Contact Grease- Keeps Metals Free of Rust and Corrosion- Part# 10203 Amazon.com: NO-OX-ID A-Special- Electrical Contact Grease- Keeps Metals Free of Rust and Corrosion- Part# 10203 : Industrial & Scientific

The 2 oz will last you a lifetime. You can use it on parts that are in mechanical connection.

It’ll look greasy though. for the parts that you want to look good, use everbrite. It won’t completely isolate but will add a lot of resistance so don’t use it for connections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.