DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a 1997 ws6 trans am current system in sig. I will be getting an eclipse unit 5444 i like the looks and it plays well installed in my brothers 71 cutlass supreme. In the doors i have 6.5' coaxials but was looking at seas ca18 or the l18rnx, peerless or dayton any suggestions? Which one will be the best bang for buck, which is the best. I wanna go active will that eclipse work?

I have some RF 12" http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCP212S8 that i want to replace. on the top they fall off not that great. As far as amps they are in sig but willing to go better and sell current amps. I also have some kicker resolution tweets should i keep those or get some dayton rs? A lot of questions i haven't heard a sytem as good as mine yet my current sytem is pretty good but i want better. Anyone from socal I wanna listen to a reall good sounding system.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
ws6 beat said:
Fot the tweets how would the aura ns3 fair against the Dayton rs any suggestions
:?:

The NS3 would be able to go about 4 octaves lower, but would be much less efficient, not perform as well in the top octave, and would have significantly attenuated off-axis response in the treble.

IOW, except that they fit in about the same space a 3" inverted cone widebander and a 1" dome tweeter are not really comparable.

·
Registered
524 Posts
DS-21 said:
The NS3 would be able to go about 4 octaves lower, but would be much less efficient, not perform as well in the top octave, and would have significantly attenuated off-axis response in the treble.
DS-21,

So if I plan on using those Aura NS3's in a 3-way front stage you are saying that they better have a boat load of power and be aimed at the listeners position? I guess the NS3's would be playing from 500Hz-4000Hz to mate with my Extremis and LPG tweets.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
It's hard to answer questions like these. Alot of the time selecting the right components means having alot of experience with different drivers and then choosing the one that fits your personal taste.

You can purchase both the dayton and the lpg, and return whatever you don't like. That'd probably give you the most definitive answer, for just the cost of shipping some tweeters.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it'll be wierd, but do you let people listen to your stuff. All the cars I've heard have nothing on mine except maybe the looks of their equipment but mines sound pretty good i want hear a really good system. I'm not far from HB i'm in los angeles off of the 105 freeway

·
Registered
250 Posts
ws6, There are a lot of people down here in socal that are more than welcome to let you listen to their cars.

I'm sure 10k2HVN will more than likely to let you listen to him, ain't that right vinh :lol:

Come to the IASCA show at Image Dynamics in Gardena on July 31. There will be some SQ cars there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
slightly OT, but are there any Nor Cal ppl here other than NewTitan? :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.