DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reviving an old post. I have had a very different experience with my 21600.5, as it seems to keep overheating on me and going into protection mode. Everyone else on this post seems to love it so I am not sure why I have so many problems.

I have mine installed in the little hidden storage space under the floor of a Jeep Wrangler 4 door. I would say possibly the space does not get enough air and that is why it shuts down, but I have driven with the floor off of the amp, exposed to all the wind with the top down, and it still shuts down.

So I don’t know if I just got a bad amp or there is an issue with my setup. If I have the volume up around 24 (out of max of 34) and I am listening to hip hop nation on SiriusXM, within 5 minutes I start to get a burning smell and it shuts down. If I listen to less bass heavy music, i can get it to go for about a half hour before it shuts down

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Burning smell is bad. Something is wrong. Check all wiring such as molex behind deck and any other connections and ground. Seems like power supply is about to blow if you keep at it. Not familiar with this amp but am with your symptoms

21 - 28 of 28 Posts