DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title states...

I have a mutual contact that wants to sell me their 10" energy car sub (I think it is an energy ENC10B) along with their phoenix gold z500.1 amp but I can't seem to find much info on the sub and barely any useful info on the period and origins of the PG Z500.1. I can find the online manual for it but from what I can see that it was not an amp that was sold in north america.

I have energy speakers at home that use the same style driver as the sub being sold so I know they're half decent quality but for car audio were they a big name? I vaguely recall energy being in the car audio game around 2007ish up until maybe 2011ish or so?

Some background info would be appreciated!

· Registered
10,775 Posts
I don't know anything about that specific amp, but PG historically made very good gear. The last experience I had was with their Xenon amps, and desipite their size were very good. Regarding the subs, I've never heard of them in car audio, but that's not necessarily a big deal for subs, even very inexpensive subs can do the job nicely if they are in an appropriate enclosure.

How much is your friend trying to charge you?

· Premium Member
3,911 Posts
About 5 years ago I put together a budget system in my work truck at the time, 2015 F350. Kenwood head unit, JBL 6x8s in deadened front doors, Excelon 4 channel to run it, and the Energy prefab vented box. Got all the gear from Visions, the Energy sub and box were cleared out new for less than 100 bucks. I was impressed, played low, was fairly accurate, and was efficient too, as I was running probably 150 watts to it. Energy ENC10B/ENC12B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.