DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the ones that are secured down with a single screw, and have (2) 1" black rubber coated metal ties that you can twist around a passing wire?

I have seen them alot in older audio receivers and such.. I'm looking for a couple to secure the usb wires on the back of my carPC mount.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
not really sure but they may have them at home depot / lowes. that's where i got my zipties w/ screw holes at.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not really sure but they may have them at home depot / lowes. that's where i got my zipties w/ screw holes at.

Good to know Home Depot sells these. I came across em doing a google search, and most places wanted to sell 500+ QTY.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
what model number is that fuse block. I have seen a few people have them, but cant find em

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
adel clamps. we used them on aircraft in the navy. more of a pain in the ass than they are worth because they will only fit up to a certain wire guage size, and if you end up changing something down the line - and you need another set of wires going through there - then you are screwed because they arent cheap. and they have a little tooth that fits into a recess to "lock" the clamp closed. they are sweet if they are going to be in one place for a long time - but a pain in the ass if you need to change anything.

adel clamp - Google Search

youd be better off going to home depot and getting a little box of the plastic kind. much cheaper and they flex quite a bit if you need some more wires in there.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
what model number is that fuse block. I have seen a few people have them, but cant find em
nineball - what fuse block is that in the photo?
streetwires cbr44a. they made them with blade style fuses as well, but that was in the past. they are no longer in production. if you want one now you have to usually find it used in the classifieds.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OUbdQdw1tpE/p_211CBR44A/StreetWires-Combo-AGU-Fused-Distribution-Block.html

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Good to know Home Depot sells these. I came across em doing a google search, and most places wanted to sell 500+ QTY.
The zip ties with screw holes are Install Bay BMCT6, BMCT7, BMCT11, BMCT14. These part numbers are bags of 100 with the number indicating the length.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts