DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

what do u think of these CDT's ??

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  bansheesrule 
#1 ·
hi guys! well i bought a brand new 3-way set "CDT-CL641" from a person for 200$ shipped. the set includes a total of 2 sets of xovers, but 2 arent in the oic. it may be a pain wiring them all. i'd rather have just a set of 2, but since its a 3-way, i think i can't.also, this isnt the newest set with the newest style xovers. i think the set was purchased a while ago and just not used. it has the "subnet642" (2) and "satnet642" xovers.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4325/cdttt8oa.jpg

since i NEVER had any expereince with CDT's or high quality comps before , usually had ur avaerage pioneer 6.5's in the doors , nothing special, i was wondering if these were a good buy and if anyone has any expereinces with them or comments??

thx! any info is well received since im new at the comp scene!

#5 ·
newtitan said:
the cdt cl series IMO is very average to say the least

if you have them now might as well put them in to see if you like them as everyone ears are different
this post made me depressed, haha! gotta take the bad with the good. but why do u say this? any personal stories on this PARTICULAR set or was your reply about CDT's in general ??

everyones input is important good or bad

#6 ·
sorry to rain man, didnt mean to come off like that

for a 3way set, 200 is pretty good

but the midbass on that set is just okay, and that particular 4" is cool not great

i dont really like cdts tweets

I had the hd63, and the cl-61's

give em power and theyll sound better

and they will sound better than what you had most definitely

and just cause I dont like them doesnt mean you wont---your ears may think they are sweet

#7 ·
Compared to your stock speakers, you will hear a huge difference. The very first set I installed in my truck were the cl61s. They were a damn huge improvement over my crap OEM stuff. Then I had a nice deal on some ID cxs comps, and those were also an improvement over the CLs. CDT makes decent speakers, and for the average dude they will be a nice improvement.

#8 ·
well, all the CDT 3-ways will be going up front, none in the rear. the only thing i dont like, is the idea of the difficulty finding a place to mount the 4" speakers. i really dont want to modify my doors at all, and i believe i cant ONLY use the tweets/6.5's and leave out the 4" ones coz of the 3-way xover system. any ideas??

as for power issue, i THINK, not sure, that each side has a total speaker rating of 100-115 RMS. i have a pioneer gm-x924 that can put 150RMS to each side, when i bridge the amp. plus that amp is a little underrated and a fairly big amp. kinda old-school pioneer, an older model. the new pioneer amps i dont like that much. anyway, the speakers will probably see 150-17-RMS of pretty clean power. good enough ya think ???

#11 ·
You can't just make generic kick panels, they have to be made for a specific year or model of car. Thus it's difficult to make kick panels for a specific car unless you have an identical car sitting in your garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.