DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for recommendations. Ideally something that doesn't involve permanent mounting.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Generally PanaVise vehicle specific mounts with wired ProClip holders.
I had to build my own mount on this car but still used the ProClip.
Telephony Mobile phone Communication Device Mobile device Portable communications device

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
ProcClip USA use a vehicle specific mount and then a phone specific holder.

They have always worked extremely well for my different vehicles.

I recently started using their Qi charger for my iphone SE20 and also like it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
WeatherTech CupFone, for the last 3+ years. Pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6
824 Posts
Check out Ram Mounts. They have a ton of different combinations that will work for just about anything:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

They have options that don't block HVAC vents like the ProClip USA Mounts do...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
ProcClip USA use a vehicle specific mount and then a phone specific holder.

They have always worked extremely well for my different vehicles.

I recently started using their Qi charger for my iphone SE20 and also like it.
I have used ProClip for several years and have been happy, I use the new Magsafe mount from ProClip, works well with wireless CarPlay.

·
Registered
342 Posts
These work very well. I know you said not permanent but easy to take back off with heat gun.I have always hated the vents being blocked or bulky dash mounts. This is simple and strong magnet

·
Registered
575 Posts
Rare earth magnets from ebay. $3.99 for a pair. One sticks to phone, the other to side of my transmission hump/center console.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
If your phone is being used as your primary source which I think you indicated in the install thread, one big thing you need to consider are 2 rules.
The first is -All wire interior hidden from view. All wires pertaining to the system and it's components should be hidden from view while in a normal seated position.
This would include charging wires, aux cords or however you're getting signal from your phone to dsp.

The next is installation integrity.
Basically how well is the source mounted.
To test this the judge will use the 2 finger push test. The judge will use 2 finger to push on each item in different directions of movement. The item should not move in any direction when properly mounted for maximum points.
Ideally, when pushed, you should be able to feel the vehicle move with the item.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
174 Posts
Another vote for ProClip vehicle specific mount and device specific holder. I've had them in several cars, and always a great setup.

My current setup in my 2005 Pontiac GTO

Car Gear shift Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

An old car, 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Vehicle Car Plant Automotive design Satellite radio

An old car, 2004 Audi A4

Car Gear shift Satellite radio Radio Motor vehicle

·
Listener of Music
4,121 Posts
The little"as seen on tv" ball thing actually works well. I tried it for fun. My kids and I like to by stuff from the as seen on tv store just to see if it works as advertised.

I solely use ram mounts. On everything from ATV to motorcycle. About 20 years ago I asked a cop what brand of mount was used to hold his laptop to the dash and I've been using them since.

·
Registered
29 Posts
New startup company I just found for my 21 Grand Cherokee. They have other models too.

They use a 17mm ball. So I bought a MagSafe magnet only mount that fits the ball and plug in my iPhone for CarPlay. Excellent combo and nothing permanent or adhesive required.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts