DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am running a 2 way passive set up from a JL 300/4 bridged to 4 ohms. I am wanting to put this in so I am not relying on the amps crossover, or the head units eq. I was wondering if I could use this one in line and actually be able to gain control over the system better. I figure I would be able to write down where I had everything set so I could then easily go back to settings after I change them.

Here is the link to the eq I am thinking about getting.
MA Audio MA15EQX

If you don't recommend this one please give me some suggestions to help accommodate my goals. I am wanting to use this as an in between stage before going active. Please assist as I am still pretty new to the who active/ external eq stuff. Any and all help appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for a cheaper eq but I would rather spend a few extra bucks for some good equipment, rather then buying some garbage I won't like the results of. I have a pretty good sq system for me going (JL 300/4 pushing Diamond Audio Hex S600 with 5.0 crossovers, JL 500/1 pushing a single DIYMA sub). I know its not the cream of the crop but I would like to keep it as sq oriented as possible and I see this being the next logical step. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I just got it the 30 band version and it looks promising. I haven't had a chance to install it yet. I'm going extremely budget with my next setup. The 30 band unit is HUGE (might as well be an amp). I wish the manual would tell you if you could just run 1 set of preouts in and still go 3 out. I'm pretty sure you should be able to though. I'll post up a review once everything's in, I couldn't find a single review for these units.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet please keep me updated I would really be interested in hearing a first hand report on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts