Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
731 Posts
180sq ft? Where you getting that from?

60 inch wide x 30 feet long = 75sqft.

Anyway, its 42 pounds roll, which comes out to about .56 pounds per square feet. Not bad at all...

I would double it up if you can.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It's cheap for the coverage you get, that's for sure. The vinyl barrier looks pretty dense, but it can't be at 1/2 lbs per square foot. It will do some good, but not as much as a lead barrier. It's less than half the density of Luxury Liner also. For the price it's worth a try. Ask for a sample.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
180sq ft? Where you getting that from?

60 inch wide x 30 feet long = 75sqft.

Anyway, its 42 pounds roll, which comes out to about .56 pounds per square feet. Not bad at all...

I would double it up if you can.
apparently I suck at math....:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5ft by 30 ft is 75sqft? wouldnt it be 150?

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I mean I bet second skin is good stuff, but if I am thinking of doing almost my entire interior... well you catch the drift. cost is an issue.

what do all of you guys use?? anything more budget?

·
Registered
731 Posts
5ft by 30 ft is 75sqft? wouldnt it be 150?
I'm pretty sure that's wrong. If you scroll down to the actual ad it says standard roll of 60" and 30' long... maybe they cant do math either :D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I asked the guy 2 very simple questions to see what he would reply with.

1. How many sqft is it.(I always thought sqft was length x width)
2. Can this be used for car applications?

he said the following:

"YES, we sell more SoundBlock XFi to car enthusiasts than to anyone else. Its works great for in car applications. Yes, it is sold in 150 sqft. rolls.
They are 5' tall by 30' long. Thank you, Core Products"

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hmmm...why do people respond with such "fabricated" responses? Talk like human being...

If it is indeed 5 feet wide, that puts you at around .25 pounds/sq feet, assuming the weight measurement is right. If I had a 100 bones I would guinea pig, but im not sure what to think bud...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hmm, seems like a pretty good product. But I would call them up and tell them you want a sample. It works sometimes and gives you a good idea what their product is like. I think that the Second Skin liner seems a bit more thought out and i belive the density is a little bit more.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm...why do people respond with such "fabricated" responses? Talk like human being...

If it is indeed 5 feet wide, that puts you at around .25 pounds/sq feet, assuming the weight measurement is right. If I had a 100 bones I would guinea pig, but im not sure what to think bud...
Yeah I was expecting a response like that. He said he would let it go for 90 shipped.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm, seems like a pretty good product. But I would call them up and tell them you want a sample. It works sometimes and gives you a good idea what their product is like. I think that the Second Skin liner seems a bit more thought out and i belive the density is a little bit more.
Well yeah im sure it is more thought out and better, but its like 3 or 4 times the price.

As far as the actual dampening product I will use for the bare metal of the car, I will at least use raammat, I have read mixed reviews about anything lower than that. I just dont have the $$ for large amounts of second skin liner. Damplifier though does seem like a decent price. 40 sqft for $100, but then shipping is gonna kill it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah I was expecting a response like that. He said he would let it go for 90 shipped.
I would try to get a sample sent out to you, weight it, and report back with your findings. I dont trust ebay sellers with untested products. Not because they are necessarily out to scam you, but some of them are just plain ignorant on the item they are selling.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would try to get a sample sent out to you, weight it, and report back with your findings. I dont trust ebay sellers with untested products. Not because they are necessarily out to scam you, but some of them are just plain ignorant on the item they are selling.
Some of his feedbacks were from people who had previously bought it. I asked for a sample but he never really answered the question. Its not like second skin would give a sample, would they?

Either ill take a chance, or let it fly. I dunno what im gonna do...ill sleep on it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How many sq. ft. does it take to do one layer on a standard door?
well multiply the length of your door, by the height(same as width) and there you go. For instance, a standard door is probably like 3x3 or 4x4 or so. so somewhere between like 9 to 16 sqft.

but you want to do the inside too so.... yeah.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts