DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
I used to be exclusive to Knu years ago. I wasn't buying the top of the line but let's face it.. they were supposed to be good regardless. Well, they worked fine until they stopped working. Always figured they were just too delicate for the long haul. Used other brands since and haven't had an issue even after using from one vehicle to the next.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am running Wirez Signature series , they have a good noise rejection properties. Here is a demo on how well they work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is also a video from JL that debunks this video, I just watched another one that explains the differences of twisted pair vs shield - this one depends on the quality of the amplifier which was pretty interesting

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Now that radio shack closed down I am at quite a loss :)

Ge0

·
Registered
67 Posts
Coming from the home audio world.... A quad shield rg6 cable is sweep tested to 3ghz and is approx $.04/ft... Good compression ends are $2 a piece and the crimp tool is $30 and you can make custom length noise free cables for the rest of time. They are a little bulky in a car environment compared to high dollar options but effective and noise free. I regularly make 150+ft rca cables for home audio distribution with no noise. I also have cat5 audio baluns that do 1400ft over twisted pair with no degradation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

41 - 47 of 47 Posts