DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but what actually breaks the wind shield is the varying degrees of flex and twisting in the frame. has nothing to do with pressure. Doing 100 mph is putting more pressure on the windshield than a set of subs could ever do. Want to keep your windshield from cracking? reinforce the frame.

I understand that the windshield is convex on the outside which increases its resistance to the pressures of air, rocks etc. but even so, the miniscule internal pressure created by the speakers on a compressible medium (air) is not enough to crack, blow out or break the tempered glass that makes up a windshield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Flex for sure breaks windows. We cracked my rear windshield on my grand prix while only hitting 147's cuz of the flex we had before we put the mat in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hard to argue with that math....

In similar news I'm working on acquiring an 8KW amp and I'll be happy to see 153....
hheeehhhee holy crap man,thats some killer math,i like that,thats the funniest $hit i every read,hhheeehhheee, with that math I'm sure to hit my 170db goal,

·
Registered
87 Posts
ask your friend what year he did that build in cause back in the day db's were measured different than they are by todays measuring techniques

·
Registered
280 Posts
i once hit 138.9 on a termlab with 1 fosgate power hx2 in a 2ish cubic foot ported box powered by a 501bd using music...even with hearing protection, that headache lasted a while. oh, and fwiw, another guy who was there sporting a pair of 12" L7s with about 1k apiece on em in a custom ported box hit 142 on tones...

21 - 40 of 58 Posts