DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted a thread on here about noise in my system and have found the head unit to be the problem. The entire thread can be found here... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1296

The reason I'm bringing this up again is I found out something interesting and I was just wondering what it meant. It happens whenever I take any RCAs that I have plugged into my amp and put an RCA to stereo mini jack converter on them. Whenever I am holding my finger upto the mini jack stereo plug and hold my HU in the other hand it picks up the engine noise. If I take my hand off the HU the engine noise stops. It also works if someone else is holding the HU and I'm holding the stereo jack and I touch them, the noise returns. I found this really strange and I was just wondering if someone could give me a response to why this is happening.

Also, I plan on getting a Pioneer Premier deh-p960 to replace my current HU and I was wondering if there is any way possible for the same thing to happen to it as what happened in my old one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
no,any stereo will do it. unplug one of your rca jacks from the back of your home cd player,leave it plugged into the amp, and touch the plug with your finger,it will induce the same noise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that makes sense. Tried it out on my plate amp and sure enough :D Anyway, to my other question. Is there anyway possible that adding in the crossovers is what is responsible for my HU RCA jacks going bad. I just need to make sure of this before I plug in my new one and the same thing happen to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts