DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted a thread on here about noise in my system and have found the head unit to be the problem. The entire thread can be found here... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1296

The reason I'm bringing this up again is I found out something interesting and I was just wondering what it meant. It happens whenever I take any RCAs that I have plugged into my amp and put an RCA to stereo mini jack converter on them. Whenever I am holding my finger upto the mini jack stereo plug and hold my HU in the other hand it picks up the engine noise. If I take my hand off the HU the engine noise stops. It also works if someone else is holding the HU and I'm holding the stereo jack and I touch them, the noise returns. I found this really strange and I was just wondering if someone could give me a response to why this is happening.

Also, I plan on getting a Pioneer Premier deh-p960 to replace my current HU and I was wondering if there is any way possible for the same thing to happen to it as what happened in my old one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that makes sense. Tried it out on my plate amp and sure enough :D Anyway, to my other question. Is there anyway possible that adding in the crossovers is what is responsible for my HU RCA jacks going bad. I just need to make sure of this before I plug in my new one and the same thing happen to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.