DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, new here so open for suggestions....
ive been running high end audio for a while now, and have finally decided to rewire my power cables properly.
over the years ive added amp, then sub, then amp etc etc, so i have 4+ powered cables from battery, plus remote cables (switched) for each device,(probably not the best idea) but have invested in some high quality distribution blocks with fuses, 4 gauge cable, earth mounting/distribution block, lots of gear to make it safe.... the big question is what fuse/circuit breaker should i use near battery? how do i work out what amp fuse to use?
there is: 2000w vibe black box amp,
2000w 15'' vibe black air
1500w vibe evo I amp
plus extras when i need them, all of which is running through a single cable from battery to distro, so needs high power and high protection. any help/advice needed asap, as im booking time off work to do install.
cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
You have to sum the total of the fuses in both amps (e.i.g.- 150 mono amp + 90 for the other = 240) then you get a braker or fuse like for 250 and install it 18" from battery.

I recommend circuit braker for my experience.

Good luck.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I fuse at the max amperage rating of my power wire. Realize though that not all gauge wires are created equal and it may be benificial to enquire about those ratings from your specific wire manufacturer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, thats great help, I'm doin the install at the weekend so should go to plan, circuit breaker seems the best idea, cheers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts