DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
The two main hardwares that people use to fine tune their systems are Equalizers and Active crossovers.

Equalizer should be the last thing that is added to your system. The more important things to worry about is leveling out the gain on the amp and choosing the right crossover points. There are plenty of systems out there that sounds awesome without any use of equalizers. I can't say how many systems sounds great (to my ears) without proper use of crossover, because there aren't any.

How are you wanting to run your speakers? Are you going to go full active (ie. tweeters and mids have their own channels)? If so, I'm not sure what the capabilities of that D7 amp, but I doubt you will be able to bandpass filter the mid (anyone confirm this?).

I dont use the amp's crossover because like you said, it is too broad. I can't tell if i'm actually at 200hz or 250hz. Which is why I bought the Alpine H701 to do all my processing. You can choose the crossover point and it will be displayed on the controller so you wont have to guess what freq your speakers are crossed at. EQs are very flexible and not to mention time alignment. It makes such a big difference to have a focused sound stage.

Be prepare to pay a hefty price though, but I think it's worth it if you're serious about audio.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.