1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With these items i have.
Hood Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive tire Bumper

Gadget Gas Electronic device Composite material Rectangle

2 sets of NOS never used a/d/s 300i plate speakers (Vintage 1985) and a Mcintosh 420 amp.
I don't want cd or tape, only flac files or higher. I called crutchfield and he sent me 6 decks and not one was available even lol. I don't care the cost it just has to be available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
OOOOOH Baby. So tasty. Yes, I remember those. I run the box versions in my dining room. ADS in the shop. There's something they just got....right.
Damn I miss the 80s

I've been through all of the DSPs that will be recommended.

Old school, keep it simple, with the new tech, this is my choice;
Checks all of your boxes.

I bought... probably one of the last nos P99s.

Buy this before I do.
The guy at crutchfield never mentioned that.. what the heck? He sent me a list after a 30 min talk and when I opened it... LOL View attachment 333662
OOOOOH Baby. So tasty. Yes, I remember those. I run the box versions in my dining room. ADS in the shop. There's something they just got....right.
Damn I miss the 80s

I've been through all of the DSPs that will be recommended.

Old school, keep it simple, with the new tech, this is my choice;
Checks all of your boxes.

I bought... probably one of the last nos P99s.

Buy this before I do.
I don't see any manufacturer that makes anything near this deck, and you are right It checks all the boxes. Pretty sexy unit. I haven't listened to the 300i speakers since the mid 80's when I last used a pair in a 1982 Chevy truck but I remember the sound perfectly. They were magic. I shouldn't mention the fact I have a NOS pair of Infinity I car plates also...the emit tweeter was amazing in my 77' 280z back in the day. Now I'm glad life got in the way of installing them back in the day. Pretty exciting going back to relive the good old days.
Thanks for the info, I'll call on the deck tomorrow and order the sony.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
P99
The rca outputs can be used as full range? Or are they filtered high med and low?
Can the filter be defeated ?
I have the sony on the way but I'd like a couple other units to try. One being the 99 and a Japanese version of the 99 for collectibility. I don't see how to make the rca outputs full range output.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts