DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bitone and would like to run a digital signal from the source. I only want one source unit, but need A2DP. I like the dex-p99rs, but that makes the Bitone unnecessary. Scrap the Bitone? or find a clean, and hopefully digital, HU? Must be Single DIN
What HU would you use, your opinions please and thank you-EZ

·
Banned
342 Posts
Denon dct 100
Macintosh 400

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, how about we open this up to SUPER clean rca outputs, 4 would be needed and sub out also would be best

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
azn, I am looking for Front+Rear+sub, as I have now.

I have not installed the bitone, I think I might just get the pioneer and get rid of the bitone. It is BNIB.

As for doing homework, I have been rgistered here for a couple weeks abd every day I come and read about what people are using+what is available+what people are trying to get out of thier systems. This tthread is about my frustration of a lack of any hierarchical list of HU's.

People frequently discuss good/better/best on amps and subs and components, but not so much on HU's.

I am a buy-try-ditch consumer, I am just trying to narrow down the search when the items are a grand a pop.

·
Banned
342 Posts
no A2DP with those which is what the OP wanted...i would wait until after CES, im sure units will have that capability ;)
Ups..did not recognized that.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
As for doing homework, I have been rgistered here for a couple weeks abd every day I come and read about what people are using+what is available+what people are trying to get out of thier systems. This tthread is about my frustration of a lack of any hierarchical list of HU's.

People frequently discuss good/better/best on amps and subs and components, but not so much on HU's.

I am a buy-try-ditch consumer, I am just trying to narrow down the search when the items are a grand a pop.
That is because in headunits, its all about what is more important to the end user which makes a hierarchy quite hard. There is sound quality, features/DSP, cosmetics, peripherals, video, etc

It seems you are in the market for a high end sound quality headunit....to get you started on your search look up Denon, Panasonic "bottlehead", Clarion DRZ/DRX 9255, Pioneer ODR/P9, Pioneer DEX-P99RS/DEH-P01, Sound Monitor, Alpine F1 Status...im sure that is enough to get your started :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you are right azn, it is tuf to list the HU's because of the variables u list.

Let's narrow it down some more=

#1 requirement- the cleanest possible way to play music from an Iphone/Ipod and cd
#2 Current production-want to buy it NEW

then...

-Single DIN

- Digital out OR Front+Rear+sub out RCA's (5 or 6 total)

-A2DP
-No Built in amp needed
-Front 3.5 jack
-USB not needed but great if it has it
-CD or DVD player
-AM/FM NEEDED

1 - 9 of 9 Posts