DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 DC Tundra 4x4
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I m looking for recommendations on good brand, size, and quality speaker wire to use in a sq system running around 100w rms. I have 2 doors already wired with some 16AWG jacketed oxygen free speaker wire, but I m not certain I chose the right type.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
any OFC will work fine. doesn't matter if it's SQ or SQL or SPL. As long as the gauge is correct for the power being run.

Reactions: Ssopus

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I like this and it also comes in a 4 strand too. Good wire with a good price.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Any reputable ofc distributor. Don’t pay more than you need to..shop prices. If the gauge is right price should be your deciding factor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like this and it also comes in a 4 strand too. Good wire with a good price.

Yes I have the same one
It's really good

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
the experts have spoken:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
124 Posts
I use AudioQuest and StraightWires in both of my SQ systems and they sound way better than the mono price.

HA That was only written so I could hear buttholes pucker. If you had hearing like mine you could also hear buttholes pucker through your PC.

JOKE

Mono price wire is my go to for highs but if I want pretty for subs when the wires exposed I do like Knu Koncepts offerings.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
you outta my league sport
Why don’t you see if daddy will let you spend some more of his money and buy a personality sport?

Reactions: Shepherd

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Why don’t you see if daddy will let you spend some more of his money and buy a personality sport?
daddy, surely you can do better than that, shows you know nothing about me, much like this topic sweety

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Reactions: Shepherd and DaveG

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
the Mogami mukticore (4-core) is good for me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like the Monoprice wire for home use, but it is not very flexible and can be difficult to get through tight bends like door boots, etc.. I used some of the Kord speaker wire from Knukonceptz for my recent upgrade and was pleasantly surprised with the quality and price.

Anyone remember who/how DIYMA got hooked up with the branded speaker wire several years back? I think it was shortly after I joined in 14' or 15'?

·
Premium Member
2007 DC Tundra 4x4
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I use AudioQuest and StraightWires in both of my SQ systems and they sound way better than the mono price.

HA That was only written so I could hear buttholes pucker. If you had hearing like mine you could also hear buttholes pucker through your PC.

JOKE

Mono price wire is my go to for highs but if I want pretty for subs when the wires exposed I do like Knu Koncepts offerings.
View attachment 300066
Those wires are something else. They remind of when I was trying to find an nvidia rtx-3070 video card a few weeks ago for a computer I wanted to build. When you find one the price is so astronomically high there s no way I would pay the cost. Though many do which is why the price remains so high. This is probably an extreme example, but it s what I m talking about. If I read that right it s 2 10ft cables with connectors. I don t know what a person is after paying that much for audio cables. I guess there s always things to buy for those with money to burn. Think I ll be getting the monoprice wire.

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss Crew Cab
1,989 Posts
Anyone remember who/how DIYMA got hooked up with the branded speaker wire several years back? I think it was shortly after I joined in 14' or 15'?
That was Anthony who was the owner of the forum at the time. I have some of it still and am using it in both my new builds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts