DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't have much experience in this department but I'm going to say Arc, since that is what I have recently purchased.
Don't have them installed yet though but I hear nothing but good things about them

D4SOUND has been solid though

Oh damn wasn't paying attention because numbnutz is bringing back old threads

·
Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,243 Posts
Kountz?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Sheesh 99% of everything is made in China…

There is Made in China and then there is Made In China…

The better build houses make stuff as good as any other company…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Funny how this thread didn't get responses 13yrs ago a troll brought it back and it's getting some attention.

I'd like to point out that no matter where the amp is made, it is made with sourced parts from foreign countries because China and Japan are the leaders in electronics.

Elektra made good points as well.

I have seen workers in US facilities and they are not necessarily better than anyone else. It is hard to find people that still take pride in their work (American laborers).
Lastly, I guarantee Asians and Mexicans are the ones actually doing all the work...so there goes the theory of wanting US made products. People do not realize how this market works or chooses to ignore it.
I'm sure I missed other key points but you get the point.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Not sure, 'made in China' on the bottom of all the ks amps I've had my hands on though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd have to say my Helix M Six DSP. While the DSP portion is made in Germany (according to the box) the rest is assembled in China. No complaints here.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Funny how this thread didn't get responses 13yrs ago a troll brought it back and it's getting some attention.

I'd like to point out that no matter where the amp is made, it is made with sourced parts from foreign countries because China and Japan are the leaders in electronics.

Elektra made good points as well.

I have seen workers in US facilities and they are not necessarily better than anyone else. It is hard to find people that still take pride in their work (American laborers).
Lastly, I guarantee Asians and Mexicans are the ones actually doing all the work...so there goes the theory of wanting US made products. People do not realize how this market works or chooses to ignore it.
I'm sure I missed other key points but you get the point.
So long as the parts used are not the cheapest used the amps are very decent - I has EOS amps and 8 years later it hasn’t missed a beat…

I know a guy who brings in his own brand here and he goes to China once a year and he said you can have 2 power supplies in front of you one cost $1 and the other 10$ they look identical…

So he specd his product with the $1 power supply - needless to say he had many failures on that amp…

So the morel of the story is this yes you can build a high quality amp cheaply however if you use proper parts it will be just as reliable as a European amp that costs 10 times more..

Most of the stuff is off the shelf board layouts and chassis designs most of them are actually properly designed products you can spec them how you want so if you want Elna and Wima and Mundorf caps you tell them so long as you do 100 units anything is possible…

The factory that builds the EOS amps is the same that builds the GZ Ref amps - apparently in the dodgy part of town but it’s a 3 floor facility and it’s surgically clean - like you can eat off the floors clean… same factory builds other high end brands but the guy didn’t want to tell me which..

So they sent him an invoice for 100 GZ REF amps by mistake - it was $300 a piece…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts