DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got plenty of room for a good size midbass(up to 10" if i wanted) so I wanted to take advantage of that. Mounting depth is not really an issue as I'll have up to 4.5".

The doors will of course be heavilly deadened and closed cell foam will be used.

I plan on using Fountek NE0CD3's In custom kickpanels being powered off a PPI A100.2

If I was to get an IDQ8 or Peerless XLS 8" what would be a suitable midrange to use? Any other rec's on serious midbass drivers?

[/url]

· Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, that I am going with the DCX2496.

Now let's say that I could get an IDQ8, would that be a better choice than the Peerless XLS8?

Is there something out there with more impact and accuracy than the IDQ8?

I also forgot to mention that I'll be using two IDMAX12's seeing about 800 watts rms each if that makes any difference.

· Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK cool, sounds like the 8" XLS is the way to go. I do like the price too :D

What kind of power should I be looking for for this driver? I want to get all PPI Art series amps, how would the A600.2 work out?

Now as far as midrange drivers go, which will work best with the xls8 and the neoCD3? Say in a sealed, custom kickpanel that's also going to house the ribbon.

If the Vifa p11 will work in this setup then that sounds good.

Just want to make sure I'm on the right path here :shock:

· Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aaron said:
Cam2 sounds like we are on similiar paths- I have 2 Xtant 301a's(300watt monoblocks) waiting for the Peerless XLS 8's. I think that PPI setup will work great also. If you do get it I would enjoy hearing your feedback on the Vifa's.
So what midrange are you going with? Or are you going two way?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.