DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
What miniSQ said... I have a single 10” Eclipse Aluminum 88100 DVC sealed fed by a Slash 500/1v2 and its phenomenal. Excellent SQ, tight and will pound like hell if I want it to. Everyone is always shocked when they see a single 10 in the trunk. I would certainly add it to your list.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Soundstream Exact all the way around! Hard to find but some of my favs for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
View attachment 277160 Looking for some different ideas on either old or new school Hi/mid/subs for my Hifonics Viii Zues 600w 2 channel & Aphrodite 300w 6 channel.

Zapco 18band equalizer
(4) Pioneer 6x9 600w
Autotek FX-5A. 3/4/5 way crossover
The 300/4 will do great on your mids and tweets. Seek a 300/2 for the midbass and have all JL Slash.

I’m powering my 10f’s and DRT25 with an ol school Hafler 22x4 and it gets plenty loud-in a convertible to boot!
I use a Hafler 100x2 and the JL 500/1 for my substage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are those amps For Sale ?

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
THe Db Rating on those HiFonics amps are some of the highest , Unheard of these days. Nothing comes close to them. i believe they are still like the original like 115db so its probably best to run some High input Original Kicker Solo Baric Sub Woofers and just run the amps in stereo mode don't bridge or break down the ohms just cut em up in in stereo thru your crossover. Oh yeah, Get some ear plugs and some gel for your hair because its gonna stand your wig straight up like you stuck your finger in an electrical socket.. Great Choice of Amps for Bass !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nothing to this day or only a few hit as hard as those Hifonics. I had a Boltar in 1989 and it was only a 200 x 2 and the
Signal to Noise DB 114 and it hit 2 original Kicker 15" Subs in a box the Woofers were greenish white polypropylene from Kicker in the Middle later 80;s The only other heavy hitter amps with those kind of specs and Clean THD % were the Sony XM 1000 @ 200x2 with almost 110 db - THD 0.003% and a few other power houses Kenwood KAC 1020 200x2 with high Db rating and clear THD % And Yamaha YPA 1000 with 120 x 2 But Signal to Noise Like 105DB and Thd 0.003 % also. But with Power from the Gods your good to go! Enjoy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts