DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email back from KnuKonceptz about the 1/0 awg they had listed on there website as out of stock, and was responded to that it would be another 3 weeks before they had it again. This is the black/silver 1/0 awg.

SOOOO i can still place my order as is, only thing i won't have is the 1/0 from them, so what other companies/brands have good quality power wires, not sure if they are GOOD quality but around the same price point. As i need around 15-17ft of the 1/0 awg.

Also what is the difference b/w the Krystal, Klarity, and Karma, besides the obvious pricing. As i need 3 2M strands to connect my crossover to my amps.

Any suggestions. Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
Well if you like Stinger products, then there is a website that has decent pricing on wires and accessories.... www.darvex.com I usually either buy from them or KnuKonceptz. Both have great customer service and their shipping is really fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
local welding supply shops should have it for about 1.25/ft. spend the extra money on some techflex to dress it up a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
tokyofist said:
local welding supply shops should have it for about 1.25/ft. spend the extra money on some techflex to dress it up a bit.
yep.
unfortunately the welding shop in my town wants $3/ft for 1/0 so I got some on ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
I've bought all of my wiring from darvex.com

I have nothing but stinger from them in my vehicle and am very happy both with it's quality, and the price I paid for it. They ship fast, are very friendly to deal with, and rarely goof on orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
hcbassplay said:
I've bought all of my wiring from darvex.com

I have nothing but stinger from them in my vehicle and am very happy both with it's quality, and the price I paid for it. They ship fast, are very friendly to deal with, and rarely goof on orders.
x 2... and the same goes for Knuconceptz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
tokyofist said:
local welding supply shops should have it for about 1.25/ft. spend the extra money on some techflex to dress it up a bit.
x2 , tecgflex is your friend...but not in the engine compartment though. =]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
hcbassplay said:
I've bought all of my wiring from darvex.com

They ship fast, are very friendly to deal with, and rarely goof on orders.
I was comparing a Stinger fused distribution block on Darvex and one on ebay to see which was cheaper - ends up Darvex was the seller on ebay too. Anyways super quick shipment and friendly service. Same goes to knukonceptz. I got my 0/1 gauge from Weldingsupply.com

As far as the Techflex - they show it installed on a motorcycle so I presume it is safe there (Dad has a new harley - would dress it up nicely). I take it most cars would exceed the temperature ratings under the hood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
badlieu said:
I was comparing a Stinger fused distribution block on Darvex and one on ebay to see which was cheaper - ends up Darvex was the seller on ebay too. Anyways super quick shipment and friendly service. Same goes to knukonceptz. I got my 0/1 gauge from Weldingsupply.com

As far as the Techflex - they show it installed on a motorcycle so I presume it is safe there (Dad has a new harley - would dress it up nicely). I take it most cars would exceed the temperature ratings under the hood?
says its good up to 400* You wouldnt excede that unless you ran your wire on top of the exhaust manifold. If you were doing that you would have bigger problems than melted techflex :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
vibrator said:
says its good up to 400* You wouldnt excede that unless you ran your wire on top of the exhaust manifold. If you were doing that you would have bigger problems than melted techflex :p
Thanks, I saw temperature limits of 270 or so - must've been looking at the wrong thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
badlieu said:
Thanks, I saw temperature limits of 270 or so - must've been looking at the wrong thing.
there's quite a variety of techflex out there, and i imagine temp limits probably vary, check with the manufacturer. btw, the insulation of my power wire will melt way before techflex, so i don't see a big problem using it under the hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
www.darvex.com is, hands down, THE BEST place I have ever purchased from online. I ordered my wiring Thursday at noon, and it was on my doorstep Saturday. All I had to do was pay the extra $3 for priority(sp?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
i have Stinger power/ ground wire in my truck. doesnt perform any better than the welding lead i had in it. i just wanted blue and silver wiring. BTW....Darvex rules!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
I have always used welding cable. It is designed to be drug along concrete in all temperatures. Have hot slag fall on it and have metal dropped on it. It remains flexible and now comes in safety orange. Be careful with orange though... That's what they use in the hybrids for the HV run and EMT folk are trained to look for that in an accident. You could lay there bleeding in an accident if they go looking for your safety cutoff so they don't take the 200+V that they assume to be there.

If you have an older american car knock yourself out. But in my Honda Civic Si that looks like a hybrid.... I'm sticking to black with a strip of phasing tape :)

Chad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ordered my stuff last night. 0awg from Darvex as Knu was out. And then the rest i got from KnuKonceptz, totalled about 150 together. Should be a fun time as well pulling that 4 awg i have now out and replacing it with 0 and then using the 4awg from d-block back. I got the voltmeter fused d-block.......I hope they don't forget the 120A fuses for the 4awg i asked for, as they said it came with 2 fuses. Also got a inline fuse holder for the 0 awg, 250A fuse.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top