DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this forum but not new to car audio. I had a great system 10yrs ago with JL Audio 13w7 on a 1000/1 and two pairs of Infinty Kappa's on a 300/4. Anyway, I haven't had a system in years but have been fantasizing about another system but this time, one for the records, lol. This one will include complex wiring and custom mounted speakers and added speakers for a near perfect sound stage. I was told having a center speaker was almost mandatory for a SQ sound system. I got to thinking while taking on a very ambitious project of sound deadening the firewall and doing sound blocking and deadening while I had everything off and rebuilding HVAC system inside my vehicle. I'm in this section to find out what would be the best range speaker and size for a IASCA competing build? I have my own opinions but would love some ideas and clarity on the subject. Vehicle in mention is a 1999 Ford Expedition and doesn't come with a factory dash speaker location.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Mandatory for a 2 seat tune, but not necessary for a one seat. In fact, it is preferred to not have a center channel for a one seat. Clarify which one you're trying to achieve and then proceed

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Let's talk budget...

I added a center channel. But it cost me...

Ge0

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I plan on actually shooting for two center speakers if possible. One in. The dash and the other in the ceiling center console. The budget is I get what I want, lol. I live building and do clean work. I don't do work without thorough research. My main thing is running two center speakers in that manner, will it cause stage issues or is that a better setup it it is that if time alignment and imaging is corrected.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I plan on actually shooting for two center speakers if possible. One in. The dash and the other in the ceiling center console. The budget is I get what I want, lol. I live building and do clean work. I don't do work without thorough research. My main thing is running two center speakers in that manner, will it cause stage issues or is that a better setup it it is that if time alignment and imaging is corrected.
I've never heard of someone placing a center channel in the ceiling center console. But, there is noting saying it can't be done. Time alignment will be an issue between dash and ceiling drivers. But, I don't believe this is something a DSP can't address. I say go for it and see what happens. Just do us a favor and see what you find.

Ge0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts