DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, Ive been lurking the forums for over 6 months now, and read a lot about car audio more than i ever imagined :rolleyes::rolleyes: anyway the more I read the more I notice people spend (many a time) more money trying to go active than buying a passive set of speakers, and even when everyone here will tell you to go active and buy diy speakers, Is this really a good thing to do for a noob?? Bc some time ago I was planning to have a 3 way active system + sub, then a 2way active, and now im not sure if I should buy a 2 way passive set and be done with it and never look back :laugh::laugh:

Can someone tell me how big of a difference, if any, is there between between less say, alpine type x comps vs 8" SLS + 5.75" exclusive + (some tweeter, Haven done much research on it yet, lets call it seas neo for now)?? And would this improvement be worth the trouble to fit those 8 inchers into my doors, btw we speaking of a E36? Or can something like RDS's make me happy enough to forget about audio bliss??

Also if I go the diy route, what i need to do to my drivers to withstand moisture?? any other thing that would need to be done to the drivers?? Also how would the sls ans exclusive play IB or would they need to go in a enclosure?

Thx

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i guess thats the smart thing to do, I have read a lot of good things about them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean I respect knowledgeable people and i listen, if he says that getting the alpines its my best bet then he must to have really good points, he just didnt want to share them. He answered my question tho, and thats what i was looking for.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you love to fiddle with your settings then active is for you. if not theres nothing wrong with type-x components except midbass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts