DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My head unit will be installed soon, but i'm trying to figure out what the name of this accessory is called that keeps the head unit wires together so they will not be all over the place . I'm not wanting to use zip ties or tape to keep the wires together, would anyone happen to know what the name of this accessory is called or if ya don't mind sharing what you use to keep wires together behind the head unit. Pictures would be great since one of you may use what i have in mind. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Are you thinking of techflex? Split loom is to ridged for that. They make a nylon sleeve similar to techflex, but has a seam of velcro down it. Be supper easy install, and look nice doing it. Check out parts express...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
use a soldering iron. can be bought at any home depot for around $25. Youtube how you to use. Very easy

Thanks for the response, but i'm not trying to soder the wire. I'm trying to get this accessory to wrap the wire together so it will not be all over the place.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Zip ties, techflex, or velcro straps are your friends here.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, great. Thanks for the replies. Now for another accesory... I'm not sure of the name aswell but it's this tube looking thing that goes on every single wire from the head unit harness so that the wires can't make contact with each other.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heat shrink tubing? tubes? Are they used to "crimp" wires together & you can buy them in various sizes (gauges) ?

Nope, not those. What i'm talking about doesn't need sodering. They just need to get crimped.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
How do You intend to use them? Those are in place of just twisting off the wire... Like you'd insert in terminal cups, or sping connectors like on subs.

For head unit installation, you either want to solder and heatshrink, or use solderless butt connectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts