DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

Im upgrading from my old Bmw gsm roof antenna to a new 4G mimo unit with booster.
4G MIMO.jpg

Despite searching for hours every evening for a week, I cannot for the life of me find the connectors I need.
Can anyone shed any light or give me pointers?
I tried a BMW dealer and they were rude and not interested 馃槄
My car uses the Fakra type for the existing antenna, so will need to use either adapters or new cables.
Thanks
Alan

Registered
Fakra OEM antenna is usually just 2 conductors whereas MIMO is usually 4 conductors - you won't be able to just reuse the factory wiring.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fakra OEM antenna is usually just 2 conductors whereas MIMO is usually 4 conductors - you won't be able to just reuse the factory wiring.
What you've replied is complete and utter nonsense, miss-information, but thanks!

Registered
What you've replied is complete and utter nonsense, miss-information, but thanks!
Maybe I misunderstood what you were asking (and I apologize for saying 4 conductors cause it's actually more than that) but of all the antennas I've worked with (none bmw btw) the factory one was a single fakra coax connection (sometimes double fakra breakout like a satellite radio antenna) but still only 2 or 4 conductors. The only MIMO antennas I've installed were combo aftermarket booster units where they had at least 2 LTE, 1 GPS AND 1 Satellite connection in the same antenna which were all RG6 Coax so that's actually 8 conductors. The picture that was in the OP shows 4 connections but doesn't specify what it is or what they are for... maybe you could include more information about what MIMO antenna your trying to use and what the actual connections you're trying to make are?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Registered
HI,

Im upgrading from my old Bmw gsm roof antenna to a new 4G mimo unit with booster. View attachment 299813
Despite searching for hours every evening for a week, I cannot for the life of me find the connectors I need.
Can anyone shed any light or give me pointers?
I tried a BMW dealer and they were rude and not interested 馃槄
My car uses the Fakra type for the existing antenna, so will need to use either adapters or new cables.
Thanks
Alan
Likely new cables, so bmw dealer only, and if they don鈥檛 want to help (likely because you seem quite rude to people trying to help it seems) then you won鈥檛 find it aftermarket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts