DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a half-dozen of these Vifas when PE closed them out years ago. I'm preparing to use them in my new car, but I can't find much info. They are similar to these at Madisound , but the specs are totally different. Any ideas as to whom the ones I purchased were manufactured? Either that, or PE/Madisound one have wrong info. I will say that the ones that I've used already had NO issues running from a bridged ST-3004 (225 RMS) crossed at 50hz/18db. Stout little things.

·
Registered
483 Posts
PE had a bunch of Soundstream stuff a couple of years ago, including different pieces and parts from the Exact line of components... maybe it was SS?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that, but I have some of the 5.25's from those, and they are blue with a cast Al basket whereas the other ones I picked up are 5" with the black magnesium baskets. I also picked up a few pairs of the 5.3 crossovers- they're pretty nice. Actually, though, the ones I did get look alot like your pic, but mine are black and have no magnet boot. Maybe it was a factory buyout of the SS spec'd parts?

Wes, do you have a link that has the specs for that EXC.5 set you have pictured? Thanks

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind. I found an owner's manual in PDF form at Soundstream's site. It looks like I have the much more powerful drivers without the blue powdercoating. Now, if I could just find 2-4 of the EXC 8's, I'd be in business :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts