DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

What would be the best way to achieve this power structure with MMATS AMPS?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Clvol1255 
#1 ·
I'm brainstorming right now and I'm wondering how to most efficiently achieve the following with MMATS Amps:

150W RMS X 2
300W RMS X 2
700W RMS X 2
1100W RMS X 2

I'd also be willing to look at other class D amps, but I'd like to have no more than four Amps. Any other ideas? I've been considering 2 x HD900/5 with 2 x HD1200/1 too.

Thanks guys!

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply and information. I didn't realize that one 4250D could do 150W x 2 and 300W x 2 (at 4 ohm).

The gain structure you've listed is almost exactly what I'm looking for. I could wire my subs down to 1 ohm, so I could get two of the m1400.1's and get the full 1400 watts :)

Right now it looks like the only benefits to the JL HD's would be the superior Tiffany RCA's (and the connections overall IMO), and subjectively speaking, the better "look" of the JL HD amps.

JL also has the regulated power supply which seems to be a double edged sword as the full power is always there, but they have been shown on amp dyno's to not have the dynamic (burst) power that the MMATS (and other manufacturers) do.

#4 ·
The 4250D can do 250x4. Which would almost cover what you wanted, having more power than needed is not a bad thing, just keep the gains down. I used to run two HD 900/5's and a 1200.1 HD amp. They do look good but keep in mind they can get very hot, almost untouchable without pushing them. MMats are cool to the touch and barely warm at full tilt. They seem to be much more efficient use of its power. One real criticism i have for the Mmats 6150d is the noisy fan. I don't know if the 4150d has the same issue but I would assume they use the same fans.

#7 ·
The JL HD 600/4 gets you 150wrmsx4 @1.5-4 ohms or 300x1@3-8ohms & 150x2@1.5-4 ohms. More power per channels 1-4 with the 600/4 over the 900/5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.