• Alpine IVA-W505

Votes: 26 83.9%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crutchfield.com - Compare

Which one would you get? I'm looking for strict SQ for my new Dynaudio setup!

I know the alpine I can get an Imprint or PXA for it but I can't seem to find the PXA :(

The kenwood right away seems to have better outputs and what not.

Also if you could tel me why you would go a certain route...?

·
Registered
91 Posts
What is your dynaudio setup? Do you want to run active? What amps/subs etc?

Your other equipment is going to play a big factor. The IVA with PXA is nice, but you could also run the Zapco or Audison processor with the Kenwood HU.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Acura CL Type-S
Headunit - Pioneer AVIC-N4
Fronts - Dyaudio 342
Rears - Dynaudio 242
4/Channel - Sundown Audio 100.4D
Subs - 1 AudioQue HDC312
Sub Amp - AudioQue 2200d
Power - Yellow Top/Kinetic600/180amp AL

No active

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the W505 better if I get that w/ the Imprint? Is it worth it? Or should I just stick it the eq the Kenwood has w/ the 5v pre-outs

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is the W505 better if I get that w/ the Imprint? Is it worth it? Or should I just stick it the eq the Kenwood has w/ the 5v pre-outs
Imprint is a complete mystery and I don't trust it. In a way that probably makes me like some Amish dude eying up a horseless carriage for the first time thinking it's devilry.

I've liked Kenwood's stuff, but I have a feeling you'll have better luck with support here and elsewhere if you purchase the Alpine setup. Many people here have used imprint. Which alpine PXA processor are you looking at?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wait for the new Exclipse AVN726E to come out!
;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I was in the same boat. I was originally leaning towards the Kenwood, as it has Garmin nav and a better eq. But after thinking a little more about it, I decided to find an Alpine w505, simply for the fact I can add an H701, and run a 3 way active set up that can be completely controlled via the HU. If I wasn't concerned with running active, I most certainly would have went with the Kenwood, although the new Eclipse does llok nice.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
If the "Imprint" is a box that provides Audyssey MultEQ XT like on the PXE-H650 processor but cheaper, then the Alpine is a far better choice.

I wouldn't run Dynes with either. Get an SQ HU, and a portable nav with BT in it.
The mediocre Dynaudio speakers are going to be much more of a fidelity bottleneck than any HU could be. But MultEQ XT could probably make them sound decent-to-good.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Pioneer 880 or 800. It comes with mic and auto eq ta technology in a 1 DIN HU. Unlike Alpine, you can (a) go in and see what parms (xover, level, slope etc) that the auto eq ta set and (b) you can modify them. 16 band EQ per channel on top of all the auto eq and ta. Check the comments from the recent DFW Brownique in the 12v meet section. Most people in Dallas were running Alpines with H701s etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i voted for the alpine... they always seem to just be the better choice... i am running a 600ub pioneer in my car now and i regret not getting an alpine.. i swear the SQ is just there more-so with the alpine head units.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
DRZ-9255 + storage pocket FTW.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts