DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to run a taramps bass 3k at .5 ohms 3200 watts. I want to get the most full bass range i can get. I can run 8 8's firing forward and i tend to get 2 db more that way vs firing up but firing up i can run four 15's what combonation would you run on that kind of power and what brand? 600 - 700 bucks preferably the price limit. I do have two dual 2 sql 12's too and was thinking i could run 4 at 30 hz in a 6 cubic foot box.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What is your actual goal, here? The power you plan on running and the number/size of subs makes it seem like the primary goal is volume/output. But you also talk about having "full range" bass, which kind of points to the other side of the spectrum. Are you dead set on using every last watt from the amp?

Those SQL12s are good for 1000w apiece, and that amp is rated at 1920x1 at 2 ohms. I think that sounds like a solid pairing if you're trying to straddle that SQ/SPL fence. If you've got a ton of space, maybe try modeling up a transmission line enclosure. It'd take up a ton of space for a pair of 12s, but, from what I understand, it would help extend the low end of your frequency response.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You raise a good point if I don't want super loud I could do that transmission line idea wit my soundqubed 8 but I kinda wanted to shoot for high spl and range.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Taramps bass 3k is not .5 ohm stable I'd reconsider running it that low. Right now as we speak I have 2 SQL 12s in my trunk in a sealed box 1.10 each after displacement. On 2500ish RMS maybe a little more and it's extreamly loud. Rear views shaking, trunk is dancing, water bottles wobbling, and they sound extreamly well doing it. I wouldn't trade them for any sundown, skar, soundcubed in any type of ported box. Don't get me wrong I love me some ported box boom. But it's not necessary with them sql's. And if your trying to run 4 15s that tramps amp is not enough power. Good luck with your build keep us posted ✌

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thats a different story, Smart 3 bass is stable at .5. Rated 3k from .5 to 2ohm. You said you have 2 sql 12s d2 wire them in series with a final impedance of 2ohm or you can go the .5 route too and you'll get 3k either way. I like to have higher impedance I belive it's less taxing on your electrical, that's just me though.

Bbox Dual Sealed 12 Inch Subwoofer Enclosure - SPL Tuned Car Subwoofer Boxes & Enclosures - Premium Subwoofer Box Improves Audio Quality, Sound & Bass - Nickel Finish Subwoofer Terminals - Charcoal Bbox Dual Sealed 12 Inch Subwoofer Enclosure - SPL Tuned Car Subwoofer Boxes & Enclosures - Premium Subwoofer Box Improves Audio Quality, Sound & Bass - Nickel Finish Subwoofer Terminals - Charcoal : Electronics

I used this box ⬆ and they sound awesome in it, and it holding up fairly well. I didn't use the terminal cups though I used these binding post and these grills ⬇.

Dayton Audio BPA-38G HD Binding Post Banana Jack Pair Gold Dayton Audio BPA-38G HD Binding Post Banana Jack Pair Gold : Electronics

NVX 12" Subwoofer Grille Specifically Made for NVX VCW124/VCW122 [ VCW12GR ] NVX 12" Subwoofer Grille Specifically Made for NVX VCW124/VCW122 [ VCW12GR ] : Electronics

Brown Wood Rectangle Grey Audio equipment

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I think i want to go ported can someone run winisd and see how big i can make the box over whats recommended tuned at 30 hz. Thanks in advanced. This is for 2 ql 12's running 2000 watts with amp gain set with dmm.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If your gonna go ported against recomended manufacturer specs why would you care how they model. I don't have any experience using WINISD so I can't help there. Those subs require a small box tune low 1.5 and 24hz with 20in of port area each. But u can put that sub in any box you want and im sure it will sound good. Good luck

·
Registered
267 Posts

Put it in a box like this and bang away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts