DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Kenwood KAC-1023 amp that I have been dragging around since ~1994. It was used for two years, it is in pretty good shape for it's age. It was made in Japan. I changed cars and it did not work in my new set up. I am going to try and bring it by a local audio shop to have it tested. If it is still working well, what would be a decent price for this amp? I was wanting to use it, but I have a Ford Focus and want to go with a smaller amp.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Put it on Ebay with a starting bid of $100.If you get lucky a few people might get in a bidding war.Then again you might not even get a single bid.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I want it just for nostalgia, 100.00 sounds good but if I can get it cheaper that would be even better :). I agree with Atomic, place it on ebay and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I don't recall if I bench tested mine before I sold it, but am sure it does 650-750watts at 4ohm mono.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I read that to be 2ohm (stereo) OR bridged, not bridged at 2ohm. It would have to be 1ohm stable in stereo to be stable at 2ohm bridged.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
I hear you guys. My Punch 40 from the same era was not rated for 2 ohm mono, but I ran mine into 2 ohm mono loads for years. So you never know. Check this out:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts