DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember for awhile there was a man running a company called "Sound deadener showdown" and it was mostly agreed that his products and methods were about as good as you could get. However, he has now closed up shop. So who is the top dog these days for sound deadening? My goal is to kill road noise, if possible. I really hate road noise.

I know it gets pretty far out there, like sealing up holes behind the door panel with sheet lead wrapped in felt. It seems like you've got to go to some lengths to really make the inside of your car as quiet as possible. So is there a one stop shop that has most of what I'll need? Good CLD tiles, the foams, the mass loaded vinyls, etc?

I'm behind times on all this, but I'm hoping someone here can bring me up to speed somewhat. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
GILLDON AUDIO
550 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
STP is the way to go, those bastards are nasty at price/value ratio over here.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's a link... But what makes them any better than anyone else? Why wouldn't I skip that and just use Dynamat?

I need some convincing.
Majority of the guys on here that build their own stuff swear by Resonix. I am an (admittedly) low level in terms of skill DIY type of guy and even for what I tried to do the products have been standing up to the heat of the mid Atlantic summers and chill of our winters. Bottom line, the **** works. I have used the CLD tiles and the CCF...all high quality and easy as hell to work with.

The only other brand I even considered was Soundskin and that was mainly because of their triple layer product. Beyond that....i roll with Resonix until I'm shown why I shouldn't.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
In Europe we have a few materials that are quite popular - Silent Coat, STP, CTK and GZ. With a bit of luck you can find Dynamat.
USA is a totally different story with much more materials to choose from.

It would be nice if Nick would make Resonic avaliable in EU, I think it would be a hit between SQ crowd here

·
Banned
24,246 Posts
In Europe we have a few materials that are quite popular - Silent Coat, STP, CTK and GZ. With a bit of luck you can find Dynamat.
USA is a totally different story with much more materials to choose from.

It would be nice if Nick would make Resonic avaliable in EU, I think it would be a hit between SQ crowd here
Import it and distribute it :)

·
Banned
24,246 Posts
Unfortunately it’s not that easy for some of your products. REACH and other regulations make it very hard to import stuff like your noise barrier due to the lead contained in the product. 😔
I probably wouldn't send the barrier. Maybe just the CLD and the foam

·
Banned
24,246 Posts
So you're saying that the resonix price to value isn't great. You're happy with STP? Got a link to the one you used specifically?
He's from a country that has no access to most good deadening products.

·
Registered
2019 Ram 1500
168 Posts
I use Hushmat but as everyone else has said variety of products.

·
Registered
481 Posts
My man, don't try to finesse your deadening ...I appreciate you searching for some value but you'll regret it if you don't invest in quality products. There are at least a dozen build logs on here of people lamenting going cheap on the material and the amount of time it took to replace it just to use quality deadener on the back end. Resonix or Soundskin in my opinion.

Reactions: Machine7

·
Registered
98 Posts
So you're saying that the resonix price to value isn't great. You're happy with STP? Got a link to the one you used specifically?
They are basically the biggest soundproofing company in the world, the quality is superb, and the price is cheap over here atleast.
They make products for other car audio companies with different branding
They got like 30 types of products i think.

I have used the GOLD which is 2.3mm thick butyl sheets, very high quality, stick perfectly, and don't break like the cheap products, very flexible.
and SILVER which is 1.8mm thick.

So yeah love them.
If you can find it in your state don't think twice.

Reactions: 619Tundra

·
Registered
98 Posts
The data from chris's testing disagrees with you lol
Don’t know who he is but I have a lot of friend which used STP, KILLMAT, Dynamat, Focal and a lot of other brands and we all agree that STP is the best.

Reactions: 619Tundra
1 - 20 of 98 Posts