DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alpine KCA-121B Auxiliary Input Adapter Converts the changer port on Alpine stereos to an aux input at Crutchfield.com

P.I.E Aux Input Adapter For Alpine Auxiliary input adapter for Alpine receivers — male right-angle Ai-Net to female RCA cable (Model ALP/Ai-RCA) at Crutchfield.com

The reason I'm asking is because I have the PIE connector which I'm trying to use to connect my Delphi Skyfi2 to my Alpine CDA-9887's aux input, however, when I select "AUX" on the Alpine, I'm not getting any input. The owner's manual for the 9887 says to use a KCA-121B connector to connect and auxiliary device (which is the first link I posted), but in the description it appears both of these cables do exactly the same thing. I have also checked to make sure the "AUX" function in my HU is turned on. The only thing I can figure is there is a difference in these two cables and that's why I'm not getting a signal from the Delphi to the HU.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
one is made by alpine, one is made by PIE

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I know this wont help you. but for the $1 difference in price, I would have just gotten the alpine version. try calling alpine and see if there is a setting you missed.

do the "div/eq" switches have to be set?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts