DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm getting ready to set the gains on my new Helix DSP.3, then my amps. I'll be using a super nice Industrial Oscilloscope, so I'm confident that I'll be able to rely on the readings Fluke 123B

I know the quickest way to probe an RCA jack would be to tie onto the center pin and the outer shield - but I've found this to be somewhat tedious.

My Question:
Whats the easiest, hands-free method to connect oscilloscope (or DMM) to RCA Jack?

Thanks!

· Registered
157 Posts
Hello,

I'm getting ready to set the gains on my new Helix DSP.3, then my amps. I'll be using a super nice Industrial Oscilloscope, so I'm confident that I'll be able to rely on the readings Fluke 123B

I know the quickest way to probe an RCA jack would be to tie onto the center pin and the outer shield - but I've found this to be somewhat tedious.

My Question:
Whats the easiest, hands-free method to connect oscilloscope (or DMM) to RCA Jack?

Thanks!
build some RCA to oscope connectors for this. Or just buy a BNC to RCA adaptor Monoprice BNC Male to RCA Female Adapter - Gold Plated - Monoprice.com

· Registered
4,319 Posts
I found this in my garage. It won’t be hands-free, but it should work
That'll work. Do you have some alligator clips?

Reactions: Chris12

· Registered
9 Posts
bnc to rca from Amazon. They are less than ten bucks and that's what I did and it works perfectly!! No need to do all that crazy tedious weird stuff just plug and play & begin tuning & setting all your gains in seconds👌🙂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.