DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Lexus GS 300
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have so many to choose from but one that sticks out in my mind is when I tried to run from the police in my camaro with an empty tank. I did this epic burn out leaving them choking on all that smoke and then as soon as I regained traction my car sputtered and died! They were laughing when they pulled me out of the car along with a bunch of bystanders who witnessed it. So embarrasing! BTW that wasn't recent I was 17.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Was it a bitchen camero ?

Reactions: Sam Spade

·
Registered
2004 Lexus GS 300
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it a bitchen camero ?

Of course it was 1969 Z28 427 big block, hurst 4 speed linkage, cowl induction hood. It was my Dads I found the keys while he was on vacation and off I went! I had a husqvarna 250 dirt bike that I dearly loved and he sold it to the next door neighbor to punish me, I'm still pissed about that!

·
Registered
2004 Lexus GS 300
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on people don't leave me here being stupid all by myself!

·
Registered
597 Posts
My buddy was heading to Iraq, and we wanted to do a proper send off. He thought a weekend of camping and rafting sounded like fun. He picked a river that was usually pretty laid-back.

it had been raining, and the water was up 5-6 feet. Still looked ok. Most of the folks were pretty green but I had a lot of time on the river and another guy was also pretty experienced, so we decided to rent a canoe and put all the beer in a huge cooler in that canoe, while the others kayaked to the campsite.

I also had my ~50 pound husky (Wimpy) in the sear behind me. He was on a leash but the leash was free.

about one minute after pushing off, we hit a hot spot on the river and wimpy decided he did not like this, and was going to go back to the car, all by himself. When he spazzed, the canoe turned sideways, caught water, rolled, then caught a tree and flipped end over end. Ended up snapping the canoe in half.

all the beer and all our camping stuff went into the river. Wimpy’s leash ended up stuck together to the part of the canoe stuck to the tree, so after I made it to shore, and realized he was stuck, I had to dive back in to the treacherous current to save him from drowning.

Luckily no one was hurt but it probably cost around $1K to replace everything and half our trip was wasted cleaning up the mess.

anyway I learned a couple of valuable lessons about risk management, diversification, and the dangers of overconfidence. Luckily no one was hurt but it probably cost around $1K to replace everything and half our trip was wasted cleaning up the mess.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Of course it was 1969 Z28 427 big block, hurst 4 speed linkage, cowl induction hood. It was my Dads I found the keys while he was on vacation and off I went! I had a husqvarna 250 dirt bike that I dearly loved and he sold it to the next door neighbor to punish me, I'm still pissed about that!
My friend Mark had a black camero with a fibre glass front end in PV which was much the same with a 396

·
Registered
2004 Lexus GS 300
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My buddy was heading to Iraq, and we wanted to do a proper send off. He thought a weekend of camping and rafting sounded like fun. He picked a river that was usually pretty laid-back.

it had been raining, and the water was up 5-6 feet. Still looked ok. Most of the folks were pretty green but I had a lot of time on the river and another guy was also pretty experienced, so we decided to rent a canoe and put all the beer in a huge cooler in that canoe, while the others kayaked to the campsite.

I also had my ~50 pound husky (Wimpy) in the sear behind me. He was on a leash but the leash was free.

about one minute after pushing off, we hit a hot spot on the river and wimpy decided he did not like this, and was going to go back to the car, all by himself. When he spazzed, the canoe turned sideways, caught water, rolled, then caught a tree and flipped end over end. Ended up snapping the canoe in half.

all the beer and all our camping stuff went into the river. Wimpy’s leash ended up stuck together to the part of the canoe stuck to the tree, so after I made it to shore, and realized he was stuck, I had to dive back in to the treacherous current to save him from drowning.

Luckily no one was hurt but it probably cost around $1K to replace everything and half our trip was wasted cleaning up the mess.

anyway I learned a couple of valuable lessons about risk management, diversification, and the dangers of overconfidence. Luckily no one was hurt but it probably cost around $1K to replace everything and half our trip was wasted cleaning up the mess.
Nice!

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I have so many to choose from but one that sticks out in my mind is when I tried to run from the police in my camaro with an empty tank. I did this epic burn out leaving them choking on all that smoke and then as soon as I regained traction my car sputtered and died! They were laughing when they pulled me out of the car along with a bunch of bystanders who witnessed it. So embarrasing! BTW that wasn't recent I was 17.
I decided it would be a good idea to try and get a Vermont Transit bus in gear and drive it out of a parking lot while drunk, and it was idling in the parking lot in the middle of a snowstorn. We were celebrating a friend turning 21. Luckily this was in the early 80's. If we did that today we would be in prison.

Here is a picture of an 80's VT transit bus.
3627d9df095d5dabe835bfe0c5d86eea.jpg

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Reactions: Holmz

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The 2nd stupidest thing I have ever done:

I placed a fresh 9V battery across my braces (lower to upper jaw) while standing in front of 9th grade science class. It instantly knocked me backwards where I hit my head on the concrete wall / chalk board behind me. They say I was knocked unconscious for over 30 minutes. My jaw was locked open. I had muscle spasms and drooled for the rest of the day. I recommend never trying that.

The crazy thing is that there really wasn't much emergency protocol back in the mid 80's. It was up to the teachers or maybe principles discretion on what to do with me. They laid me on a cot for a hour then sent me back to classes. Think of how that would have went over today?

#1)

And then there was the time we stole a noose and a mannequin of a little boy from a camp site display at Sears my high school junior year. A little bit of weed may have been involved...

Ge0

·
Premium Member
795 Posts

You're winning Bronco 🤣

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
alternatively the 2017 greenbelt half marathon. Started to get the feeling 7 ks from the finish. Passed a number or toilet blocks but was on my way to a PB. shat my running shorts a km from the end. Cleaned myself up in a toilet. While i did, no warm down completely cramped up including feet that bent into a claw shape. Had to hobble in pain back to the car.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
The 2nd stupidest thing I have ever done:

I placed a fresh 9V battery across my braces (lower to upper jaw) while standing in front of 9th grade science class. It instantly knocked me backwards where I hit my head on the concrete wall / chalk board behind me. They say I was knocked unconscious for over 30 minutes. My jaw was locked open. I had muscle spasms and drooled for the rest of the day. I recommend never trying that.

The crazy thing is that there really wasn't much emergency protocol back in the mid 80's. It was up to the teachers or maybe principles discretion on what to do with me. They laid me on a cot for a hour then sent me back to classes. Think of how that would have went over today?

#1)

And then there was the time we stole a noose and a mannequin of a little boy from a camp site display at Sears my high school junior year. A little bit of weed may have been involved...

Ge0
Hilarious. You're now winning geo. Cmon tell us the dumbest 🤣

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
#1 )

I grew up in a sleepy little beach town along Lake Michigan. During the summer it was a popular tourist spot and was hoping. However, come fall things slowed down considerably. Unless you were old enough to hang out in the bars there is not much left to do. So, we did like many other highschoolers would do. Drive around and maybe smoke a little weed.

One night three of us were walking around the local shopping mall (yes, those were popular years ago). We had to cut through Sears to get to our car. Right by the exit there was a camp site display with a family sitting around a camp fire. All the sudden my buddy yells "grab that rope and lets bolt!!!". He grabbed a mannequin. I grabbed the rope. We shot out the back door and sped off in his rusty old Dodge Gremlin.

We may have smoked a little more weed at that time. We drove around wondering what to do next. It was pitch black outside. Let's head to the beach! Little Joey (our child mannequin friend) agreed. On the way to the beach we had to cross an old bridge over I-94. All of the sudden my buddy who was driving slammed on his brakes. He had an idea...

He parked the car in the weeds next to the bridge. He lit up another "smoke" and grabbed the rope. He tied one end into a noose. His idea was to strap the noose around Joey's head. We would drag him behind the car down to the beach. This was going to be funny as hell. But, buddy #2 had other ideas. He hit the "smoke" and said "I have a better idea".

We walked to the center of the bridge and flung Joey over the railing. He lowered Joey down to the highway. We would wait until a car came speeding around the corner and would then yank him up. This was fugging hilarious to a group of stoned teenagers. Folks would see it for a split second and freak out. But, since we yanked Joey back up maybe they thought they were just seeing things? Remember, back in 1987 there were no mobile phones. So folks didn't just call 911 to file a report. They just kept going.

Well, as the night went on we may have got a little sloppy. Another car was coming. Get ready!!! However, this time we didn't yank Joey up fast enough. The car clipped him and then slammed on its brakes to a complete stop in the middle of the highway. All of the sudden a spot light came on. And then the red and blue flashers. Holy shit, it was a state police cruiser!!!

We bolted. I panicked and started running across a grass field towards a subdivision. Buddy #2 did the same but in the opposite direction. Buddy #3 got in his Gremlin and split. By that time there were police cars everywhere. Unfortunately, his car was unique and easy to spot. He got busted. I stayed the night in someones garden shed. I got away the next morning. Buddy #2 would have also got away if he hadn't left his wallet in the cars center console.

I lucked out. They did not mention my name. However, they spent a lot of time with the county road crew picking up garbage along the highway for the next two months.

Lesson learned. We should have dragged the mannequin behind the car down to the beach instead :).

Ge0

·
Registered
2004 Lexus GS 300
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I decided it would be a good idea to try and get a Vermont Transit bus in gear and drive it out of a parking lot while drunk, and it was idling in the parking lot in the middle of a snowstorn. We were celebrating a friend turning 21. Luckily this was in the early 80's. If we did that today we would be in prison.

Here is a picture of an 80's VT transit bus. View attachment 274273
AWESOME!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
#1 )

I grew up in a sleepy little beach town along Lake Michigan. During the summer it was a popular tourist spot and was hoping. However, come fall things slowed down considerably. Unless you were old enough to hang out in the bars there is not much left to do. So, we did like many other highschoolers would do. Drive around and maybe smoke a little weed.

One night three of us were walking around the local shopping mall (yes, those were popular years ago). We had to cut through Sears to get to our car. Right by the exit there was a camp site display with a family sitting around a camp fire. All the sudden my buddy yells "grab that rope and lets bolt!!!". He grabbed a mannequin. I grabbed the rope. We shot out the back door and sped off in his rusty old Dodge Gremlin.
View attachment 274288

We may have smoked a little more weed at that time. We drove around wondering what to do next. It was pitch black outside. Let's head to the beach! Little Joey (our child mannequin friend) agreed. On the way to the beach we had to cross an old bridge over I-94. All of the sudden my buddy who was driving slammed on his brakes. He had an idea...

He parked the car in the weeds next to the bridge. He lit up another "smoke" and grabbed the rope. He tied one end into a noose. His idea was to strap the noose around Joey's head. We would drag him behind the car down to the beach. This was going to be funny as hell. But, buddy #2 had other ideas. He hit the "smoke" and said "I have a better idea".

We walked to the center of the bridge and flung Joey over the railing. He lowered Joey down to the highway. We would wait until a car came speeding around the corner and would then yank him up. This was fugging hilarious to a group of stoned teenagers. Folks would see it for a split second and freak out. But, since we yanked Joey back up maybe they thought they were just seeing things? Remember, back in 1987 there were no mobile phones. So folks didn't just call 911 to file a report. They just kept going.

Well, as the night went on we may have got a little sloppy. Another car was coming. Get ready!!! However, this time we didn't yank Joey up fast enough. The car clipped him and then slammed on its brakes to a complete stop in the middle of the highway. All of the sudden a spot light came on. And then the red and blue flashers. Holy shit, it was a state police cruiser!!!

We bolted. I panicked and started running across a grass field towards a subdivision. Buddy #2 did the same but in the opposite direction. Buddy #3 got in his Gremlin and split. By that time there were police cars everywhere. Unfortunately, his car was unique and easy to spot. He got busted. I stayed the night in someones garden shed. I got away the next morning. Buddy #2 would have also got away if he hadn't left his wallet in the cars center console.

I lucked out. They did not mention my name. However, they spent a lot of time with the county road crew picking up garbage along the highway for the next two months.

Lesson learned. We should have dragged the mannequin behind the car down to the beach instead :).

Ge0
Oh thats fucking hilarious im laughing my tits of here

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have better but will not publish due to potential incrimination.

Did you know Al Capone had an abandoned mansion in my home town?

Ge0

1 - 20 of 55 Posts