DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
And I should also point out that Will did send me a PM offering to ship the entire sub back with him paying shipping. I appreciate the sentiment but I will not be taking him up on his offer as that was the exact sub I wanted and I'm glad to have found a good deal on it. I wish the shipping hadn't been an issue but things happen, we learn and move forward.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not cool man! I started this thread last night and because I didn't have time to respond today, you say this? It's not like I started it and didn't respond for days. And I'm looking at one of your power supplies right here that I purchased from you and have also recommended to others. Not cool. Give people a chance as I had work and then kids functions. And I'm trying to get ready to fly out of the country tomorrow. Here it is after 1am and I still have a ton to do, testing and dealing with a sub wasn't on that list.

I posted this without the person's name to make sure my initial reaction wasn't just an overreaction because I was quite frankly incredulous that a heavy sub would be packed that way. Based on the majority of responses, the shipping should have been better.

I finally had time a little while ago to hook up my computer, preamp, and amp to do some testing of the sub and after the peanuts were pushed out, the sub is quiet. I wasn't worried about the peanuts in the pole vent so much as the voice coil and magnet potentially being knocked out of position, which would have caused voice coil rubbing. As I said, no rubbing, sub seems great.

Will also refunded some of the money, which I guess I appreciate but the money is immaterial. Will gave me a good deal on a good sub and I am very appreciative of that. And he shipped quickly even when I told him no rush on the shipping. And I don't think Will is some sort of bad seller but as he stated, he didn't know how to pack a heavy sub and now he does. I think we can all learn from this related to packing electronics better. I know I plan to ask more questions about shipping before buying something again.

Overall I'm happy with the sub Will sent me and I think he is honest but needed to learn how to ship a sub better. I will leave positive feedback for Will with the caveat that the packaging needs to be better.
IMO, too many people act like children in these instances, but you stayed rational and kept it level. Much respect for you.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Do you mean that tweeters were damaged or only box and you`ve got free tweeters in process?
Box was crushed and even torn open during shipping through fedex. I took photos before and after removing the tweeters, finding the protective housing for the wiring had been pull out of the tweeter exposing the white and red wires which looked like the insulation was cut.

Nick sent replacements along with a return shipping label so he could inspect them to check for damage, repair if necessary, and to my understanding, use in his personal car.

I "could" have kept the potentially damaged tweeters and ended up with two sets for the price of one, but that wasn't what was agreed upon when he said he'd ship out replacements, not to mention it'd be a really low life thing to do.

Never got any word from Nick about the tweeters being fine or in fact damaged.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Not cool man! I started this thread last night and because I didn't have time to respond today, you say this? It's not like I started it and didn't respond for days. And I'm looking at one of your power supplies right here that I purchased from you and have also recommended to others. Not cool. Give people a chance as I had work and then kids functions. And I'm trying to get ready to fly out of the country tomorrow. Here it is after 1am and I still have a ton to do, testing and dealing with a sub wasn't on that list.

I posted this without the person's name to make sure my initial reaction wasn't just an overreaction because I was quite frankly incredulous that a heavy sub would be packed that way. Based on the majority of responses, the shipping should have been better.

I finally had time a little while ago to hook up my computer, preamp, and amp to do some testing of the sub and after the peanuts were pushed out, the sub is quiet. I wasn't worried about the peanuts in the pole vent so much as the voice coil and magnet potentially being knocked out of position, which would have caused voice coil rubbing. As I said, no rubbing, sub seems great.

Will also refunded some of the money, which I guess I appreciate but the money is immaterial. Will gave me a good deal on a good sub and I am very appreciative of that. And he shipped quickly even when I told him no rush on the shipping. And I don't think Will is some sort of bad seller but as he stated, he didn't know how to pack a heavy sub and now he does. I think we can all learn from this related to packing electronics better. I know I plan to ask more questions about shipping before buying something again.

Overall I'm happy with the sub Will sent me and I think he is honest but needed to learn how to ship a sub better. I will leave positive feedback for Will with the caveat that the packaging needs to be better.
You what`s not cool?
Posting in open forum about transaction before it closed.
That is not cool.
fact that you didn`t post his name means nothing for search savvy around here. In my opinion good service is when person follow up on sale and .will demonstrated exactly that.
We all learn from our experiences all the time.
It`s fucking sub, not kidney. no one was going to die if something went wrong with shipping, besides you said yourself that sub worked fine.
package wasn`t pretty, big fucking deal.
And money is material. you paid money- you`d receive refund if you desired so. that was your choice not to.
but wait he gave you partial refund anyway.
THink again who is an ass here.
If it`s me as an IDIOT implied- sure. I can live with it. I have no dog in this fight.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Box was crushed and even torn open during shipping through fedex. I took photos before and after removing the tweeters, finding the protective housing for the wiring had been pull out of the tweeter exposing the white and red wires which looked like the insulation was cut.

Nick sent replacements along with a return shipping label so he could inspect them to check for damage, repair if necessary, and to my understanding, use in his personal car.

I "could" have kept the potentially damaged tweeters and ended up with two sets for the price of one, but that wasn't what was agreed upon when he said he'd ship out replacements, not to mention it'd be a really low life thing to do.

Never got any word from Nick about the tweeters being fine or in fact damaged.
See, perfect example of problem resolution. call seller, describe the problem, present proof, receive replacement.
No need to blame Nick for USPS destroying the package and blame it on bad packaging job.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
dgage, you're 100% in the right. Nothing wrong with questioning things if you aren't sure, and everything wrong with the Victor trying to insinuate you are. Again... one more reason never to deal with him - he obviously is the kind of guy who would be quick to fire back and thinks this wasn't an inappropriate packing job. I have no doubt he would start a major shitstorm and try to put it on the buyer to try to deflect from himself. He just shows his true colors more and more as time goes on.

No effing way would I buy from him. Period.
Apparently something wrong with 104 people leaving my feedback, 18 of them twice. and about 900 positives on ebay. but I`m the bad guy here.:rolleyes:
So my saying shitty packaging means good job to you.
Idiot is as idiot does, there is no fucking way I`d deal with you on either side of trading. Keep me in your ignore list I`ll do the same.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The main issue is the guy is not a professional shipper. Just an average dude selling something online. I am not defending him and I would have never let the sub leave without it secured in the box and completely wrapped up with several layers.

The X factor we can never control is the douche delivery company who may kick, throw slide and whatever else to the box.

Always pay for insurance- the 5-10 bucks may very well save you 500-600.
In my experience neither Postal, UPS, or Fed Ex have insurance for shipping damage, UNLESS They package the item... Maybe different policy in the US is different, but I doubt it... Insurance is for lost/stolen items.

·
Registered
18,300 Posts
In my experience neither Postal, UPS, or Fed Ex have insurance for shipping damage, UNLESS They package the item... Maybe different policy in the US is different, but I doubt it... Insurance is for lost/stolen items.
Pretty sure this is true as well for the us

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
I used plastic shipping containers for servers and once container came opened with $15000 server inside. it was opened and some parts stripped.
Filed claim with UPS and got a check from them soon after.
process was somewhat cumbersome but worked.

Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what the Fedex employees were doing, my package looked bad. No one else (to my knowledge) had any issues with their packages showing up crushed and torn. It was by no means Nick's fault, but I'm glad he stepped up and handled it.

As for insurance, I can't personally fathom that paying for it only covers lost/stolen items. I'd like to believe it protects against damage, at least in some situations, such as buying from a retailer. Private party shippers I could understand it not covering, as they have no idea how it's packaged. At least with retailers, it should be in factory packaging, which usually provides fair protection.

Something to look into I guess.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
People used to always complain about my packaging... They would complain that it took them forever to get to the item that I shipped to them. :p

I rarely ship subs because no one wants to pay the actual shipping costs. I generally build a 5/8" or 3/4" plywood frame inside of the cardboard box just to ensure that the sub makes it there in one piece. Sadly, this makes things stupid expensive because 5/8" and 3/4" plywood adds a good bit of weight.

Back to the OP, yeah, that packaging was crap. At a very minimum, I recommend the use of custom cut pool noodles to secure a sub in the cardboard box, not packing peanuts. Then again, once I got a table saw, all the subs that I shipped were packaged with an inner wooden frame to protect them. That's just how I roll. Plus, it makes insurance claims easier, should the need arise.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
I`ve had a beef with fedex once over smashed box with OPPO blu ray in factory box inside. factory box was dented in the middle with big dent in metal cover. After about a month they paid what oppo quoted me for a new cover.
Now fedex asking how it`s packaged and inspect before sealing the box.
If they accept it after that it`s covered. Or better yet let them package it to be sure they won`t deny claim.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts

I also use this to ship expensive items if buyer agreed to pay deposit for it and return within month. If not I use deposit for another one like that.
This particular case was shipped 100 times or so.a little beat up but fine structurally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
If you guys see an original box for the product or batteries in a picture, always be sure to ask if it's included or for decoration only! :) One time I bought a lens off ebay and it had the original box shown in the listing. It arrived without that original box but was fairly packed. I pm'ed the seller and he claimed he lost the box already lol. That original box is very important because that lens is a prized item (also an expensive item).

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
If you guys see an original box for the product or batteries in a picture, always be sure to ask if it's included or for decoration only! :) One time I bought a lens off ebay and it had the original box shown in the listing. It arrived without that original box but was fairly packed. I pm'ed the seller and he claimed he lost the box already lol. That original box is very important because that lens is a prized item (also an expensive item).
Good point! Some items cost twice as much in original box.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Yep, I'll gladly pay a bit more for an item with it's original packaging. But them again, I'm the sort of person who keeps the packaging for items I buy. Hell, I had the packaging for my Vizio HD TV I bought back in 2007/2008 up until a year ago. Finally decided to toss it out after I bought a new TV and needed to find a place to store it's box. Figured I'd not ever sell the Vizio and I'd end up keeping til it dies, so no real need for the box anymore.

Sadly, I have lost some of my precious OEM boxes during moves, inevitably, someone has to toss some of them out as they end up completely disappearing. Lost the boxes to my CDA-9833, Memphis MCA2004, and MCD1100 a couple moves back. guess since the gear was in my car at the time, someone felt the need to toss the boxes. I wasn't too happy and never got a confession from anyone. I was so OCD about it that I drove 30 miles back to the old place to check if they just might be out in the trash. Sadly, this was a matter of days later, so I had little hope, but...

Speaking of OEM boxes, I'm awaiting some showing up in the mail from a couple amps I bought. Seller shipped the amps separate to save shipping fees due to size/weight. Really hoping they do in fact show up.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Quick update, I got my subs from will and even though it was not the best packaging there were no issues. Per my request he put each sub in a plastic bag in case of rain on my end.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Looks like he did a good job but it does help when the original packing is used. Nice subs!

61 - 80 of 100 Posts